George Lucas

NEW 'STAR WARS' MOVIE

Disney Buys Lucasfilm for $4 Bil

10/30/2012 1:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1030_disney_lucas_article
If George Lucas wasn't rich before, he sure as hell is now -- because Disney just bought his movie company Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 BILLION ... and has already announced a NEW STAR WARS MOVIE!!!

Lucas said in a statement, "It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers." According to Disney, "Star Wars: Episode 7" is slated for release in 2015.

Lucas will be a "creative consultant" on all new "Star Wars" films.

It's pretty crazy ... considering Lucas said he would never make another "Star Wars" movie -- telling the New York Times, "Why would I make any more, when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?"

Lucas even told us directly back in March ... "Star Wars" was DEAD forever.

0329-george-lucas-star-wars-ex

IceGypsy

It's $4billian dollars!! Wow Good for him. He may not have wanted to do another movie, but he would be crazy to turn down that kind of money...I'm sorry but if Disney wanted to pay me that much for my mom I'd sell her lol

Hammer

Wow!! GTFO!!. Kind of excited and shocked

Prickle

Spoilers: Ewoks flight clones for right to blow Jar-Jar.

billybob

"It's NOW time for me to pass 'Star Wars'...George should have come to that conclusion 15 years ago. Promising that HE would never do another Star Wars again sounds like a dialogue from a B-Movie: I promised not to kill you, but my assistants will do that for me...

R34

I hope for Lucas' sake they don't turn this into a terrible kiddies movie like so many Disney movies are.

Zambonie

Lucas is fat

furious cupcakes

People in the world are going hungry and homeless and someone has 4 billion to spend on a movie.

Throwback kid

If the new Star Wars movie is going to be anything like the 3 lame prequels don't even bother! Anything with Samuel L Jackson's overacting usually is terrible but all three prequels had a bad script. They took a fun franchise that gave us Han Solo and Chewey and made them political. Lucas really dropped the ball with the prequels, especially with the kid who played Vader as a child, the kid had no acting talent

KnuckleDragger

If you build it...they will come. This franchise has a 35 years history of old and new fans. It's been 8 years since Episode III. The fans are HUNGRY!

This one will be in 3D and Disney will probably turn it into a park ride as well.

Carl

A new Star Wars movie WITHOUT George at the helm? Time to celebrate! This is the movie that should be titled "A New Hope"!

DaveT

Disney IS your father!

chichifrogslegs

the prequels were awful and i doubt disney is going to make things any better. you'd think lucas has more then enough money to be content.

dman

It's the galactic golden parachute. He gets to profit from the new movies without being criticized for them when they suck.

socalhoney4u

This was Lucas's F*** You to all the Star Wars fans who have criticized him and the prequels.

Nick

Hey Minnie, wanna see my lightsaber?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments