Edward Furlong

Dropped from New Film

After Airport Arrest

11/2/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1030_ed_furlong_getty
Edward Furlong
is officially unemployed after his domestic violence arrest at LAX Tuesday morning -- because TMZ has learned, producers have dropped Furlong's ass from his new film.

Furlong was scheduled to catch a flight to Detroit before the arrest -- where filming for his new movie "Misled" was supposed to begin last Thursday -- but the guy got busted instead ... after allegedly getting physical with his girlfriend during an argument.

Furlong obviously missed his flight as a result, and according to a producer for his new movie, he also missed important rehearsals and wardrobe prep as well.

Now, the producer -- Scott Baldyga -- tells TMZ, they're already recasting Furlong's role.

Scott tells us, "I love Eddie. I think he's a great actor, but we are two days away from shooting and we have another guy to cast in his place. And we aren’t going to lose any sleep over this."

Furlong's reps had no comment

Shermerboingo

John Connor: We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.
The Terminator: It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.
John Connor: Yeah. Major drag, huh?

Heidi

Oh my god, I thought he died years ago.

J.E.B.

John Connor......you WON'T be bahck. hasta la vista, bay-be.

mikeR

The real question is...how did he get the acting job in the first place? He's not really very talented

Debby Swanger

Hollywood should be this hard on all the stars that act up instead of just offering them more and more opportunities. Make them accountable for their actions. Maybe some will wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late.

babettekittie

Considering he's actually talented and clearly underrated I can't imagine the weight that puts on him. He's always been a good actor that just seems to make bad choices...

Snoot

Have none of you seen American History X?
I'm Aussie and I'm appalled.

A Parent

Glad I told my kid's agent that my son would not audition as Fulong's kid in that movie because I believe my son did not resemble him. I guess we may now get a second chance.

me

Moral of the story for D-list actors: When you are a nearly-irrelavent D-list actor, you are VERY replaceable. Don't f*ck up!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2