Gene Hackman

Smacks Homeless Guy

Who Dropped C-Word

10/30/2012 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1030_gene_hackman_getty
Gene Hackman
pimp-slapped a homeless man who physically threatened the actor and his wife outside a New Mexico restaurant ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the incident went down Tuesday as Hackman and his wife were leaving a Santa Fe restaurant. We're told a homeless guy named Bruce Becker approached them in a threatening manner.

We're told the incident escalated big time when Becker called Hackman's wife a "c**t" -- and then Hackman dished out some street justice ... slapping Becker across the face.

Becker then called the cops to report the incident.

We're told cops interviewed Hackman and his wife, determined the slap was in self-defense ... and, for now, no charges have been filed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Sinjin405

Gene Hackman is in his mid-80s, which of course makes him even more impressive. He is a great actor and retired several years ago. He also paints and writes historical books.

Northerner

nice job gene but you should have beat the **** out of the guy!

RT

Such a story is not best served with a mis-leading, sesationalized headline. From what I have seen here and on another site, he did not slap him BECAUSE the man dropped the "c-word" but because he was acting increasingly scary and "threatening". Big diff and should result in different consequences if indeed Gene slapped him just because of an insulting word slung at his wife.

Sounds like this is one lawsuit-wannabe that miscalculated. "Easy money" ain't always there for the provoking.

BECKER

I live in New Mexico and Hackman is a Big Pain in the A$$

Tracie

Court records show Becker has an arrest record in Santa Fe that includes a guilty plea to charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and abandonment or abuse of a child in 2008. In 2009, he pleaded guilty to battery on a peace officer and in 1980, he pleaded guilty to arson.

Lynda Jones-owings

Job well done!!

peterfrady

Good for you Gene Hackman, it's about time to let people know there is Always a price to pay when they act foul in any way...

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Awww poor homeless guy. Cut me a break. Were you ever harassed by some insane homeless person? You'd fear for your life. I'll bet he was hovering and threatening like they tend to do. They should be rounded up and given their own island like Alcatraz.

Robert

Way to go Geno! Dude had it coming. Never have understood why Todd Palin doesn't do the same to Bill Maher for calling his wife the C word. You don't have to like her, but nobody has the right to call another man's wife, girlfriend, daughter, etc. that word and if they do, they should what comes next. Gene Hackman had the nuts to do it.

Crabby

He did what we ALL should be doing in a case like that. B-slap the aggressor. A few years ago ( large Calif.city) my son ( 7 years old@ that time) and I had stopped @ a Walgreen's to run in for some quick items.Some young dark haired male in his 20's wearing a serape looking thing started begging me for $$$$$$ ( I usually have a dollar to spare) BUT that day this particular guy who was clean cut....healthy and articulate really pushed the wrong button on me by begging with no shame in front of my kid. I just told him "NO I do not have anything for you because I work two jobs to take care of MY family.Why don't YOU get a job and stop shameing yourself like this.IF I can work so can YOU... GET A F'ing JOB" That nasty SOB came running up on me like a bull charging me.OMG I ran into the store dragging my poor son. I was 31 year old female 5'9'' and weighed maybe 115 lbs@ the time.The manager called the police but by that time the pig was long gone.MY point? There are many criminals....abusers.....drunks...posing as "homeless" trying to scam you. Best to donate to a food bank or a shelter if you want to assist them.

StaceySimon

good for Gene! just because someone is homeless does not give them the right to be nasty~

juesus

gene is trend starting ...bitch slapping homeless people

Georgette Kostopoulos

I LOVE GENE HACKMAN ON THE SCREEN AND OFF!! HE IS AWESOME!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6