John Mayer

RIPPED By Shooter Jennings

You're a Total 'Douche'

10/31/2012 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1031_john_shooter1
John Mayer is a douchebag ... in fact, he's "King Douche" ... this according to country music bigshot Shooter Jennings -- the son of country legend Waylon Jennings.

Shooter -- a powerful country music DJ -- just went after Mayer on Twitter ... saying, "I love how the 'neil young of our generation' self-naming king douche grows his hair out + buys a place in Montana just to do [Rolling Stone] article."

Shooter continues, "Claims he's 'done w hollywood game' and has 'roots' and then immediately cuts hair, goes back to hollywood clubs + starts banging Katy Perry."

The attack continues ... "And don't anybody say he's a great guitar player. Gary Clark Jr & [Lukas Nelson] wipes their asses with this dude."

It's unclear if Shooter has any personal beef with Mayer ... or if he just felt like unloading for the hell of it.

Sherron

So what? What business is it of Scooter Jennings what John Mayer does? Their must be more to this story.

peachpie

republicant

Travis

So does that make Shooter Jennings a turd sandwich?

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Owned

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

"Duh, my name is Shooter (ha ha ha!). I'm uneducated.... Someone told me there's a new invention called 'soap.' I'm not interested.... I'm a powerful country music DJ....which means I play all the songs on the playlist that some music consultant agency tells me to play. I have no talent!!!!"

DaveT

I like both of them and both are talented, probably just have some personal issue between them that we'll never know the details of, don't care either way though I've seen enough Behind the Music episodes to stop caring about band member's personal fights, just show me the music :D

Lisa G

Just another hillbilly raising hell

Loretta Love

JeEzE~ did he eat Meanies for breakfast?

LISA

It may be wrong, but I'm liking the douche comments about Mayer. He's so up his own ass and his lips are always flapping in the wind.

scoopie

There are many, many women in California who agree.

seamus

I like Shooter and I hate John Mayer. That's it nothing more.

meghandaniels

Adam implied I am startled that people able to make $9518 in one month on the internet. did you look at this site..http://1st.ly/ephdp

Lee

Shooter Jennings...looking an awful lot like Hank Williams, Jr.
Hey Shooter: The best way to 'get' to John Mayer is write a song about him. Worked for Taylor.

kitnplayn

Americans are basically vulgar, unkind bullies.

Morticia Cowghoul

Hello Pot. Meet the Kettle.
good lord. they're both total douche bags.
shooter can sing his way outta a wet paper bag.
at least john mayer ain't riding on daddy's coat tails.