« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-MLB All-Star

Stabbed to Death

in Home Invasion Robbery

11/1/2012 8:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1101_pascual_perez_01
Former Major League Baseball pitcher Pascual Perez was stabbed to death in a home invasion robbery in the Dominican Republic ... this according to multiple local reports.

Perez -- who pitched in the Majors for 11 years -- was reportedly stabbed in the neck during the incident. There is speculation Perez was killed for his MLB pension payment he received before the murder.

Perez played for a slew of MLB teams -- including the Pirates, Braves, Expos and Yankees. He made the All-Star squad back in 1983 -- the same year he had a 3.43 ERA.

Pascual got the nickname "Perimeter Perez" when he got lost on the I-285 while driving himself to a Braves game back in 1982 on a day he was scheduled to start.

So far, it's unclear if anyone has been arrested in connection to the murder.

Perez was 55.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

josephgein

Saw him pitch against the Giants in 84. He had one helluva change-up, but he'd really piss off opposing batters with that bang-bang gun thing he'd do with his hand after a strikeout. R.I.P.

Sonja

That's sad. Make something of yourself, get to retire only to be killed for your pension check.

Jay W.

Very sad news. RIP Pascual.

Cheryl A.

Horrible news, Rest in Peace, Sir.

the_truth_hurts

this is what happens when you return to a third world country with millions in baseball money

Ih8Taxes

Sorry that he died but I wouldn't categorize this under celebrity news. Besides, shouldn't you people be writing about how Romney shot a spit ball during the 2nd grade or something?

kite

Let's Love★InterracialFishes.com=A serious interracial online dating & social networking site specifically for singles interested in an interracial dating and relationship. You can enjoy free verification, chat, wink and reply email.Sign up for FREE! and start to find your soul mate now! Every serious single is welcome here.Create a FREE profile today and have access to thousands of interracial singles in your area.

Gretel

That's very sad. I guess he went back to his home country so he could live a good life on that pension. I can't believe the evil that money will perpetuate. RIP

LISA

Very tragic news. My condolences to his family. RIP Pascual.

Melissa1987

I know it's ur home, but If I knew about all these major league baseball players and their families who have been robbed, kidnapped, killed, etc in the Dominican Republic, I would not go back there to live. People know u got money and its a poor place. Poverty breeds crime. I would have taken my whole family to live somewhere with more structured laws. This is just sad!

dstark9@sbcglobal.net

He was probaly living like a king with that pension plan. I feel bad for the situation. There are some very nice areas out there.

Melissa B

Have no clue who he is, but this is SO sad. SO sad. RIP, and my condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Miriam L. Wright

this is a DAMN SHAME!!! what was the robber going to do....make him cash his pension check AND THEN GIVE HIM THE CASH????

Todd

TMZ, get your facts straight please, his nickname was NEVER Perimeter Perez it was plain I-285 because he circled I-285 highway on his way to a start and missed it because that highway is one big circle and he couldn't find his way off to the stadium. RIP I-285!

Dan

I live in Dominican Republic and i think is very stupid to talk about a country you don't know anything about because stuff like this happens everyday at least here you dont see people abducting raping and mutiliting little girls like in the US

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments