'Real World' Star Brandon Swift

Arrested

'I'm About to Get Beat Up By a Cop'

11/1/2012 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

110112_brandon_swift_launch
update_bar
9:57 AM PT -- Law enforcement tells us ... Swift was arrested for disorderly conduct. He was given a citation and released.

Swift is due back in court later this month.

0314_divider_graphic
MTV reality star Brandon Swift -- who starred on "Real World: St. Thomas" -- was arrested in Philadelphia last night ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ has obtained footage of the arrest -- which shows 23-year-old Swift in a very heated standoff with police outside of the Draught Horse Pub at the Temple University campus.

It's unclear what initiated the confrontation -- but Swift makes it clear, he has no intention of cooperating with the cops.

As one plainclothes officer moves in to place Swift under arrest, the reality star resists ... saying, "Don't touch me ... everybody please record it ... I'm about to get beat up by a cop."

Several officers immediately rush in and subdue Swift ...and march him down the street. It's unclear from the video where Swift was taken.

After the incident, Brandon took to Facebook to vent ... saying, "Always voice your opinion even if its the Police! #F*CK Select Members of Temple Police...Im not scacred of yall."

He added, "I will always say what I gotta say to you dirty filthy liars AND I hope this gets back to yall! #MiddleFingersUp! ...Sorry for the rant all but it was necessary."

Attempts to reach Swift were unsuccessful.

spokenword

Everybody's a tough guy until their about to go to jail.

KnuckleDragger

"Law enforcement tells us ... Swift was arrested for disorderly conduct. He was given a citation and released."

What did the citation state? "This knee-grow was bein' uppity."

UNLEVINED HARVEY

and his point was?

the_truth_hurts

sure you were..because its 1965 and thats all the cops do is pick on black and beat them...if you didnt act like ghetto trash you would not be treated like ghetto trash

tami

"Star" I don't think so...

Amalia

Pretty sure that was white cops ! Abuseing a black guy ! Disgusting they get away with this type of crap .

LISA

I admit I watched this series (only one ever though), so I know who he is. I did NOT like this guy at all. He was super paranoid and defensive (still is, apparently).

Sad part is that out of the bunch of them, my fav was the guy who had a problem cutting and punching himself in the face…

LISA

Was that him screaming, 'TMZ TMZ'??

USArmy

I'm with Static. They should have tasered him until he cried. What a moron!

bob

Disorderly conduct = contempt of cop.

This is a bogus charge the cops can cite anyone with for whatever reason they want. If he was not charged with anything else, why were the police even there? Did someone report him being "disorderly"? Last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to be angry in public.

Marlena

Typical dumb ass - you can take the flakes out of the ghetto but you can't take ghetto out of the flakes.

SenVooo

Stupid cops. Must be a sudden shortage of real crime to deal with lol

www.e-privacy.tk

Joel

What a maroon. He sounds like someone that DOES need to get their ass whupped.

superbadnerves1

What a dumb fool he is oh please record it like thats going to stop the cops nor is it going to help your case in court all the judge is going to say is this seem like you were setting the police up

Darkgreenmarine