Marc Jacobs

Hurricane Sandy

DESTROYED My Apartment

11/3/2012 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

110212_marc_jacobs_launchDesigner Marc Jacobs was among the hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy last weekend -- telling TMZ, he completely lost his Manhattan apartment due to flooding ... and now, he's looking for a new place to live.

Marc was out walking his dog Friday in New York -- and he told us, he had to move uptown temporarily because Sandy completely destroyed his West Village apartment.

Marc says it's so bad, he hasn't even been able to go back to try to salvage some of his belongings.

Sucks ... but something tells us he'll be just fine.

Elizabeth

Marc is very fortunate that he has the money to move uptown..Alot of New Yorkers and their pets- are not as fortunate... They ended up in shelters or homeless right now;

My prayers go out to them.!!"

She's baaaack

Most of you are a rough crowd. I didn't realize that we were ranking victims of the storm. It's all relative. He was still a victim. Even though he probably has access to far more help physically and financially, he still lost his apartment and probably a lot of his possessions, just like the people who were scraping by. That's no reason to disregard his losses. Chances are he'll not only be helping himself but he'll be helping others.

ScorpioX

LMFAO such a pity for a person that has unlimited funds to find a new place to live, instead of being someone seeing there home destroyed with n o where to go....awww poor baby.

KnuckleDragger

Good for Elton. No one should try and break one off in Elton's ass without permission.

nancy williams

It doesn't matter how rich you are.If you lose family photos and keepsakes it hurts.How about alittle humanity here!

Jay

I am from NYC and this entire situation has really made me heart broken. I just got my electric back. I saw a taxi cab floating down my street along with other cars. I thank god that I didnt live on the bottom floors of my building. I am so thankful to have water because my building has an electric pump so no electric no water and i was out. My friend is sitting in his flooded home with no heat in Queens right now and his one car floated away. I invited him to stay with me but he doesnt want to leave.his house in fear it will be looted and what little he has left will be taken.

Marc Jacobs will be fine. People on Statan Island have been literaly forgotten about and have no where to go.. Anyway its nice to be back on TMZ.

Emilio

He's upset his drug stash was destroyed

pam

thanks for bringing me a bit a laughter after finding out my relatives are safe in NY and OH... even Ohio is has power out. I do not care about any of the celebrities who haves tweeted they are safe, or have been interviewed, they should never have opened there mouths, they should have had the decency to know they could have left NY and gone to one of their other many homes, something others /most could not do, I do not know who is more of an ass, those with too much money crying, or TMZ? because TMZ actually though we would care? BTW In order to get OUR MIDDLE CLASS BACK, these guys need to make less money and factory workers, teachers etc, need to make MORE........IT IS JUST THAT SIMPLE.

Loretta Love

poor little rich boy~

u iz a cutiepie

#dontpanicmarcjacobs

#stopbeingnegative

ray

ahh, poor baby. want some cheese with that whine?

LAChris

I got my millionaire apartment wet and now I have to go stay in uptown walking my damn dog that survived -- WAHHHH!

cawobeth

It's below freezing here and teasing the freezing mark AND windy in NYC & Jersey shore. PLEASE help- http://www.redcross.org/templates/render/render.jsp?pageId=11400031&scode=RSG00000E017&subcode=paiddonationsbrand&gclid=COb1qu6RtLMCFYZM4AodLE8Aiw

windytimes

Boo hoo! Shut up Marc Jacobs!

Bill Leslie