Ricky Martin

SUPPORTS NYC Marathon

'The Show Must Go On!'

11/2/2012 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

110212_ricky_martin_launch
update_bar
2:30 PM PT -- So much for that. According to new reports, the NYC marathon will not take place this weekend as originally planned. It's unclear if it will be rescheduled, or if it has been canceled entirely.

0314_divider_graphic
Thousands are up in arms over Mayor Bloomberg's decision to move forward with the NYC marathon this weekend in the wake of Hurricane Sandy -- but NOT Ricky Martin!!!

Ricky was out in NYC earlier today when we asked for his thoughts on conducting the marathon when so many New Yorkers are still without power -- and some even without their homes -- and the singer replied, "The show must go on."

As for himself, Ricky says he's not suffering too much after the natural disaster, telling us, "Everything is fine. I live in a bunker. But it's horrible what's going on in New Jersey."

A native Puerto Rican, Ricky says he's used to tropical storms. Unfortunately, we wish we could say the same for the rest of the tri-state area.

jeezlouise

Anything to bow down and bl*w his liberal, gay bullying, politicians that support his gay mafia, more free money to latins, political adgenda.

SittingInJudgement

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to hold off until businesses are able to open again so that visiting runners and spectators can help stimulate the crippled economy?

EricsGirl

Uhhh, the problem isn't just New Jersey, Ricky! It's a mile away form you on Staten Island, too! NEWSFLASH! Yes, the show must go on. At a more appropriate time. For now, EVERY bit of manpower should be going to help storm victims.

James R. - Los Angeles

Well said, Sitting and Ericksgirl.

Kudos to you both.

Hank Wanky

That's cuz he's gay, just like all the hippie, lefty, marathon runners

matt

those runners waste a lot of water when running....a lot of ppl in that area sure could use it?

why cant they just postpone the damn thing for a month or so?

Jac

The show should NOT go on. People are being told they have to leave their hotel rooms because their room is already reserved for a marathon runner. Many people have lost their homes and don't have anywhere else to go. Where do you suggest they sleep? On the streets? Reschedule the marathon.

Sarah

Breaking News - The Marathon has been CANCELLED!

luckycat

I AM .
BUT HE'S A DUMB ASS ***GOT

Barb

Aren't the proceeds of the marathon going to the disaster victims?

ashleelauren

I have newborn through 24 months baby boy clothing (including warm clothing sweaters and some snow stuff). All CLEAN pet free smoke free home. Has been in dry, airlocked storage bags. I also have a pack-n-play with changing table and infant bed. A stroller with rain cover, shoes newborn - size 8 --- most unworn, some very lightly worn. Toys, teethers, bottles. ANYTHING you need for an infant - one and a half (maybe two years) clothing wise.

I will give these items for free (ONLY TO SOMEONE- OR MULTIPLE PEOPLE SPLIT UP DEPENDING ON NEED --- WHO REALLY NEED THESE ITEMS DUE TO SANDY).

Please let me know if you are able to get near me to pick these items up, I have a car and I do travel from the bronx to middle villlage queens to pick up my husband from work, I was lucky enough after waiting two hours last night to get gas so unless there are road restrictions I should be able to help you get the items as well.

I just would like to help as much as I can right now, and this is all I really have to offer. (718)644-0344 -- please only give out this number or email address [ashleelauren @ gmail.com] if you or someone you know really needs these items.

I know most people don't have power, a lot can't get online to read this and even if they can, they won't be able to call -- so if you KNOW someone who may need these items, please let them know they are available and try to help them get in contact with me, I know the people who will need it most, won't be the ones reading this -- I just don't know how else to get the word out.

I also have some child blankets / sheets for the pack-n-play as well so at least your child will be warm.

I also have one can of Enfamil premium infant powder formula, the expiration is May 1st 2013.

Fibb

B@TT SLAMMER RICKY FARTIN

oBAMa

IDIOT!

Lynn

The Mayor of NYC sucks...he is not living in the real world... He is worried about the " big gulp" but not the people who have NO gas or electricity..dead body...no food..people freezing ....wake up stupid...

Karma

Why are you people talking about his sexuality? The question asked was about the Marathon not about his sexuality.

Although, I agree the show should not go on people are with no electricity, no gas, etc. But than again the 1% only thing about themselves.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments