« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terry Bradshaw

I'm NOT a Racist ...

But JJ Does LOVE Chicken

11/5/2012 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105-terry-bradshaw-jimmy-johnson-chickenTerry Bradshaw is "really upset" he's being accused of racism after comparing a Reggie Bush TD run to someone chasing a "bucket of chicken" ... but tells TMZ there's a simple explanation -- Jimmy Johnson is a freak for chicken!

We just spoke to FOX NFL analysts Johnson and Bradshaw ... who said he was unaware there was any controversy until friends started calling him this morning.

Bradshaw explained it's a Sunday tradition for JJ to order a bucket of KFC after they wrap the pregame show -- and yesterday was no exception. Bradshaw says Johnson "won't share it with anybody" ... and everyone on set rips him for it.

Johnson backed up the bucket tale ... telling us, "Every Sunday I get 4 pieces of fried chicken, dark meat, and I eat it right there on the set."

Bradshaw tells us yesterday's chicken comment was an innocent shot at one of his co-stars ... something he commonly does during highlights.

TB says, "I'm having a hard time with this ... because that's not me. I never put those two things together because I don't think like that."

But Bradshaw adds, "I understand why people are upset because they don't know the inside story."

For his part, Johnson is sure there was no racist intent -- and tells us, "I love fried chicken. A lot of people love fried chicken, so what's the big deal?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The New Improved Sock Puppet

He could have said something about Kim Kardashian's lard ass which would have been 10 times worse than the chicken comment.

Mary P

Pulease - stop making this into something because it's nothing. JJ's chicken exploits are well known and anyone who has watched them on TV for more than 5 seconds knew it was a dig at JJ. Geesh.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Their trash talk is what keeps me interested in watching their show because it's hilarious.

tara

Ummm that's not racist, that's sterotyping. Just sayin.

mamajj

This is absurd. TB is NOT a racist. JJ loves chicken & he was poking fun at him. People are way to sensitive now a days. People are always looking for racism were there isn't any. Leave TB alone. he is a good guy.

Elmer Fudd

This is so stupid, why should he even have to explain himself?

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Black people love fried chicken and so do white people. Quit getting mad at fried chicken.

MADE MAN

I'm a black male and I don't eat chicken so I don't think it's racist. Whites eat chicken too. It's affordable and easy to consume lol.

Jim Deen

The problem is that most people in this country are over-sensitive morons with no sense of humor. Black people can make all the black jokes they want, Will & Grace was a hit comedy based on gay jokes. But as soon as a white guy makes a joke remotely related to race or homosexuality, TMZ is all over it like the police. Minority rights do not mean it's OK to demonize innocent attempts at humor.

BECKER

YOu go Terry. To all of the Real Racists that were bashing Terry Suck It

Melissa1987

We NFL fans know ur not racist Terry. Don't let TMZ make this into more than what it is. EVERYBODY LOVES FRIED CHICKEN!!

bendernet

The drumstick pictured in the photo looks like "Popeye's Chicken" not "KFC". You can tell by the Corn Flakes cereal crushed slightly, breading.

CoconutScrimp

Sounds like much ado about nothing.

Pimpcessa

Wouldn't it be refreshing for Bush to, considering JJ's love for fried chicken is well known in the NFL, tell people to shut up and lay off the Bradshaw? Or is that "not cool"??

Ashley

Not shocking
Always said it
All American white males are racist, so disgusting
That all they focus on, they are all cave men....
There is more to life...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments