Lindsay Lohan

Lying to Cops

11/6/2012 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1105-lindsay-lohan-tmz
update_bar
10:59AM PDT:
Sources at the L.A. City Attorney's Office tell TMZ ... they were unaware the Santa Monica City Attorney was going to file criminal charges against Lindsay until they read our post this morning.  They are "gathering information" but so far no decision has been made regarding a possible probation violation in Lindsay's jewelry heist case.

0314_divider_graphic

Lindsay Lohan
will be charged with the crime of lying to police after her car accident in June on Pacific Coast Highway ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... Lohan told cops she was NOT behind the wheel of her Porsche when it slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler.  Fact is she was -- according to multiple witnesses.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the case will be filed as a misdemeanor by the Santa Monica City Attorney ... possibly this week.

The charge could spell huge trouble for Lindsay, because she's currently on probation for the jewelry heist.  The criminal filing could trigger a probation violation, and Judge Stephanie Sautner -- the jewelry judge -- could send her to the slammer for a long, long time.

And law enforcement sources tell us ... cops found prescription pills in her purse after the crash.  Witnesses tell us pills were also scattered in her trunk.  Our sources say authorities were prepared to charge LiLo with drug crimes, but Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, gave cops documentations from Lindsay's doctor, saying the pills were properly prescribed.  Authorities then backed off that charge.

As for the charge of lying to cops, Lindsay almost dodged that bullet.  You may recall, after the accident, Lindsay went to the hospital where she was interviewed by cops, and that's when she told them she wasn't behind the wheel.  Her lawyer, Shawn Holley, made a mad dash for the hospital to muzzle her client (see video), but she was a few minutes too late.

Comedy and crime -- it's all about timing.

1105_lindsay_driver_video_launch2

Spicy mag

Get a driver stoopid. You can afford it. I'll be your driver in exchange for sweet lovin.

SmittenKitten

right susan...I know when I'm talking to the cops about a "serious accident" the first thing I want to do is LIE about the facts! and big fcking deal about the breathalyzer, if she was on pills, it wouldn't exactly register, would it? you are a serious dumbass, lady..keep pushing that agenda!!

Matt

Why is she still on probation? I have been on probation for three years, mostly for WEED. Why is she still on probation? I have a great idea. How about taking Linds OFF probation, so she can't get into more trouble being ON probation? I am 25. WHY IS SHE STILL ON PROBATION????

thestupid

ITS about time!

susan

smittenkitten, only a mug like you would dismiss the results of a breathalizer with a 0.00 result. If TMZ are right and she is charged it will be for saying she wasn't driving after a serious accident when she was probably confused, in shock, scared, or all three. This has nothing to do with legal medication but keep putting that spin on it, thats what haters do.

Diamond Goddess!

FINALLY!
A problem that lindsay cannot B L O W her way out of!!!
LOLz!!!
(Let's be serious here, how bad is jail for her since we already know that Lindz LOVES the puzz.!)
lol

Diana

Everyone is right....nothing will happen

MikeD

Well, well - We already knew she was a LIAR, this merely confirms it - AGAIN

She's been skirting jail time forever it seems. Now perhaps now.. she'll get some real training where it
really does count.

jimmy d

I WOULD LOVE TO USE MY NOSE AS A CREDIT CARD, SWIPING MY NOSE UP AND DOWN HER SWEET BEAUTIFUL ORANGE FUR COVERED LABIAS

Danielle

Dont forget ever so knowledgeable Susan, Little miss linocent blamed it on the brakes... PORSCHE disagreed with that little tidbit...just sayin!!

SmittenKitten

I wonder how many "properly prescribed medications" the dearly departed Anna Nicole Smith had in her possession at any given moment....

Pablo

It's not really that hard to stay out of trouble unless you're truly an idiot. I think Hollywood should lose this girl's number and she should be destitute until she finally decides to get sober. This is an idiot person. I feel sorry for her, but then again, I don't. I still hope she can get her act together, but if I were a serious director or movie guy, I wouldn't let her come near.

Danielle

Lindsay: "Shawn, I have just get misdemeanors, i'm cool,....right"?

Danielle

Let me fix that

Lindsay: "Shawn, If my crimes are only misdemeanors, im cool....right??

SmittenKitten

Oh I found something awesome in an old related story, and I just wanted to link it for the sake of posterity:

MESSENGER

"TMZ why don't you report Lindsay was given a breathalyzer in the hospital at the reading was 0.00, I guess that doesn't fit your agenda,

Also Sgt. Richard Lewis of thre Santa Monica Police Dept said your story about Lindsay "Lies to cops" is untrue and he doesn't know "Where that information came from" Your bullying of Lindsay Lohan goes on."

I'm sure this Susan person and Messenger have a lot in common....like their entire set of DNA....same parents...shoe size....home address.....

So much for the veracity of Sgt. Lewis! HA!!