Uppercut Bus Driver

FIRED

You Broke the Rules

11/6/2012 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

**WARNING -- VIDEO CONTAINS REALLY BAD LANGUAGE**

The Cleveland bus driver who fired back at an aggressive female passenger with a FEROCIOUS uppercut to the face ... has been fired by his bus company.

The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority has announced ... Artis Hughes was terminated from his job ... for not following policy after he was assaulted by the passenger back in September.

In a statement, the RTA explains ...  "Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim."

"We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation."

"The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance."

However, RTA does say ... "The customer was out of line and charges have been filed against her."

Moments after the driver smacked the woman, he told her, "She wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man."

So far, no comment from the bus driver.

XRaac

This is bs. She was attacking him and she deserved a good punch, even harder.

Mels

She was wrong but he was too. Somebody needed to be the grown-up, the authority figure and that's where the driver failed miserably. I'm sorry he lost his job but, c'mon.

XRaac

He should sue.

Pittslady

WOW is all I can say.
WOW wow and holy WOW!

Maria

he should not have been FIRED!!

amyy555

I'm finally proud to be from Cleveland!!! My wish is that he gets an even better and less aggravating job.

Kristin

when the people kept screaming she is a woman i somehow had to laugh, dont they want to be treated equally?

Rob

Aside from the altercation I want to ask a simple question that confuses the **** out of me. I am a white man and I never use the slang term for african american. I am a coach and I play at the local rec and after watching this and hearing this woman talk. How does the african american community demand expect and change when all you hear is Ni$$a this and that, or thats "My Ni@@a. "Thats your Ni@@a?" Isnt that what the tyrant ******* white men used to say in the old days about their slaves. Terry Bradshaw said the other day that "Reggie Bush ran like Jimmy runs to get chicken, not that Reggie runs to get chicken" and he is crucified and has to apologize. We walk on egg shells not for the fact that WE ARE TRYING not to say something wrong but because with the African Americans lack of consistency of what is wrong and the hypocritical actions and words we don't really know what is correct. How am I supposed to take someone serious that preaches one thing and yet back hands his people with the next sentence.

Ironically the only reason I am commenting is because last night at the gym there was a 21 year old saying these things and I confronted him and told him kids were around. He responded that between me and this "Ni@@a". I asked him where he worked or went to school to prove a point. He didn't do either.

shannie

i wonder if she still talks to people like that now?

TiffC

Just like OJ Simpson. Such violent people. Going to send this GENTLEman a NeilsNotes card. LOL!

Just_Me

Not only has he lost his job but according to The Smoking Gun..

Criminal Charges Filed Against Cleveland Bus Driver, Unruly Passenger Seen In Viral "Uppercut" Video

Sab

That dumb b!tch got what she deserved !!! stupid disrespecting kid ,bet she thinks about that before she hits somebody else , but i doubt it dumb @ss ghetto whore

DON4772

Wow she can take a punch. One tough broad whether you like her or not.

Arnie

That's how you deal with a mouthy bitch.
Way too many of them today don't think they'll get popped in the face. They've gotten out of line. This guy put her in her place. He's a hero!

Dannielle Blagmon