Uppercut Bus Driver

FIRED

You Broke the Rules

11/6/2012 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

**WARNING -- VIDEO CONTAINS REALLY BAD LANGUAGE**

The Cleveland bus driver who fired back at an aggressive female passenger with a FEROCIOUS uppercut to the face ... has been fired by his bus company.

The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority has announced ... Artis Hughes was terminated from his job ... for not following policy after he was assaulted by the passenger back in September.

In a statement, the RTA explains ...  "Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim."

"We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation."

"The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance."

However, RTA does say ... "The customer was out of line and charges have been filed against her."

Moments after the driver smacked the woman, he told her, "She wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man."

So far, no comment from the bus driver.

Mazor

Loudmouth b!tch had it coming.

Pittsburgh Storm

L..O...L!!!! She got what she deserved. And I love his comment, "she wants to act like a man, I'll treat her like one." OMG...awesome...

Ih8Taxes

Total B.S. Give him his job back now! He's a hard working man and was just handling a situation the way he was supposed to.

roll3567

i hope someone offers this guy a job soon. that girl deserved it. you cant just go around life trying to intimidate people, because someday you will encounter a person (like this hero) who wont back down. she is tough though, that punch would have ko'd most people.

Radio DJ Dude

Who needs the white supremacy movement .. they're taking themselves out

Tabloid Diva

Wow, u ppl saying he was justified in punching her like that are out of your minds- he coulda broken bones in her face! All he needed to do was stop the stupid bus and push her off of it, and call for help. I don't agree at all with this and I'm glad he was fired. It's never okay to hit a woman like that...if she was trying to shoot or stab him then I can see the need to defend urself, but how much damage did she really do to him? Not as much as he did to her by the looks of it!

ColoradoRob

Negroes. Go Figure!

Lynne

Well, men get abused too, they just usually don't report it out of embarrassment . If the sexes were reversed, what would have happened?

rudynjudyjudy

WTF hoe dah fluck dis dist news? hughes art is? oh i c dah sublimes still warrring on the babo hughes TWA jat nanos.Every flucked tup daze someblody get wacked bluttz u jack the hughes I mean the real one not the woman beater to tryin to dirt him with.I drive a limo of my own these days nd i never blucted up no female or broadcasted no sublimes^^^ you doo hasst dah doo

Obamais still aracist

its funny that pos thanks she can hit some one and not get in trouble its animals like that,that need to be killed

TheTruth

I'm with the bus driver. She had no right to subject others to her rant and she had no business putting her hands on the bus driver. I'll admit she can take a pretty good punch. LOL!

rudynjudyjudy

black is bootyfull timy z hassto`ss the artist son of dah howard dah robard of dah hughes`s I II&III

But_I'm_not_Wrong

I fully support the bus driver's actions. Nobody should have to take **** from anyone. There are other jobs out there. Do what you gotta do. And he is right when he said "if you wanna act like a man, I will treat you like a man". I thought that was pretty fair.

rudynjudyjudy

TMZ is ryding the short bus fo life dumb bums

rudynjudyjudy