3OH!3

New Colorado Weed Law

Could Save Our Country

11/8/2012 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1107-3oh3-colorado-getty
Colorado electropop duo 3OH!3 -- famous for that song "Don't Trust Me" -- is (s)toked their home state legalized recreational weed use, telling TMZ, Colorado is setting a precedent that could solve America's biggest problems ... and not just glaucoma.

Nathaniel Motte -- one half of the group -- tells us, he's always supported marijuana legalization because a) the revenue streams from taxing weed could really help the government financially, and b) legalizing the drug would alleviate jail overpopulation problems.

Motte -- who doesn't personally smoke anymore -- says legalizing the drug for recreational use in in Colorado (the first state ever to do so) will also improve its safety by allowing the government to regulate quality.

Motte adds, "I'm proud that Colorado can stand as an example for other states to follow."

FYI -- enacting the new weed laws could take months ... and marijuana is still illegal on the Federal level ... so there are a few more hoops to jump through before Coloradicals can light up on the street.

1108_guess_abs_tums_footer

gpzjack

you have to be high to believe that the government wouldn't piss away any revenue from weed sales. I love that this is a priority to americans...not jobs, not education but getting high...no wonder this country is a disgrace

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I have a serious question about legalization of pot. I mean, show me someone under 65 who hasn't or doesn't still smoke pot, so it's like everyone smokes it, but what happens with employer drug screens for cannabis in states where it is legal? Seriously.

me

Weed makes people lazy, thats what America needs more lazy a$$. Great o-well china is gonna own us any way.

Nostraldumass

The part i dont get:
" the revenue streams from taxing weed could really help the government financially" BS!! Thats not the problem, they have PLENTY of money. Try counting to a trillion, every year.They need to cut SPENDING .

Roger

Trying to find a crack in law to legalize weed is like to put a punk for US presidency race. There is so much money in it that governments would have allowed it if it doesn't cause mayhem! Roger at http://www.rackins.com/

jan78

It shouldn't be legal is it ok for people to drive stoned?
you may think it's cool, but its as bad as drunk driving
your judgement and reactions are slow there is no way of testing except for blood if someone kills somebody in a car accident then it will be too late

TheTruth

Weed should have never been illegal. It's a dumb law. And anyone that says it's a gateway drug or that it causes dependency is ignorant. I have smoked weed for 35 years. I hold a doctorate and I own two businesses. Financially I am comfortable. And yes, I smoke it every night before bedtime.

John

I am a weed smoker but not a idiot.. its not legal anywhere in USA ... its not a real law even for medical use and its going to get smashed by the fed...

no state has the right to overpower or make legal what the fed has made illegal.. first day law stuff..

till Washington removes it then it will never be legal so play on state level is not getting anywhere

Big D

The other 48 states are hoping that Colorado and Washington don't F it up for the rest of us. To the residents of those two states, be responsible, if it goes sour it won't pass in the other states.

haskel420

you still cant sell or buy on the streets ,,ya still cant have more then the allowed amount 'on you' and im sure there will be issues with DRIVING WHILE STONED..

PK

Calm down potheads (redundant?). Pot is still illegal on the Fed level. So all the money they think they are going to get from legalizing it is way off. Colorado and Washington are going to have the same issue Montana had when they defied the Feds. Cuts in Federal funding.

Bill Leslie

I'm for legalization since I like a) State's rights, b) people do all sorts of dumb things for recreation (like motorcycles, skydiving, etc) so why not a drug and c) pot heads are funny, easily manipulated and simple to take advantage of - they're more fun than a bunch of kittens/puppies/babies

Randy Scouse Git

TMZ fails to report marijuana is also legal in Washington now. Apparently they have only been following the Colorado measures.

UZURBRAIN

I want to move to Colorado!!!!!

MzReeses

Weed needs to stay illegal for the reason that it STINKS!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments