Ariel Winter's Mother

I Didn't Abuse My Daughter

I Blocked Statutory Rape

11/8/2012 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1108_ariel_winter_and_mom_splash
"Modern Family" star Ariel Winter's mother insists she did NOT abuse her daughter -- claiming 14-year-old Ariel is making up stories ... because her mother wouldn't let her engage in a sexual act with her 18-year-old boyfriend.

Ariel's mom Chrystal Workman released a statement today, saying ... “I love my daughter very much. I would never abuse her in anyway and I have always tried my best to always protect her and do what is right for her."

She explained, "My fourteen-year-old daughter has been dating an eighteen-and-a-half-year-old man, and when I caught them engaging in behavior that I feel my daughter is too young mentally and physically to understand and fully grasp I put a stop to it immediately."

Chrystal doesn't identify the boyfriend ... but says she filed a report with the LA County Sheriff's Department "because legally he is an adult and if he wants to engage in adult behavior with a minor than [sic] he should also be ready to suffer adult consequences for his actions."

According to the incident report, Chrystal walked in on Ariel and the boyfriend in bed, in the guest room of her home ... on Sept. 24 at around 10pm.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the Sheriff's Special Victims' Bureau does have an open investigation into Chrystal's allegations.

However, TMZ has learned ... Chrystal's report wasn't filed until 2 weeks after the alleged incident -- and 5 days AFTER she lost custody of Ariel.

TMZ broke the story ... the 14-year-old actress, who plays Alex Dunphy on 'MF', was removed from her mother's care by a judge in the wake of serious allegations of physical and emotional abuse.

Ariel's older sister, Shanelle, now has temporary guardianship of the actress.

Chrystal claims Shanelle only came "out of the woodwork once it was announced that the kids on the show got a big raise recently."

Parker

fat ass bitch is now mKing crap up so she dont look like an abuser...just looking in her face you can tell shes a major bitch that wants control over her daughter and her daughters money...just a fat azz lazy bitch...makes dina lohan look like mother of the year.......

Max Smart

I get that she didn't want her 14 year old daughter shagging everyone but it's not particularly fair to set the police onto someone who is just barely an adult and threaten him with legal action that could destroy his life, putting him in the same category as Sandusky. The dude hadn't even got it on yet. Over-reaction perhaps?

Mr. X

I'm calling BS on Crystal's charges.

laker

A teenage girl in love is probably the dumbest, most foolish, most overly dramatic, and most irrational creature there is in the world.

Nvts

Fatso

Obamais still aracist

lol yeah right

SheisHot

The best thing she could have done is to ensure her daughter was having safe sex. It just isn't that unusual for a teenager to be sexually active.

stu

oooo child... that's 1 Big Mama i wouldn't mess with.

Flo

could be another Drew Barrymore or Lindsay Lohan. Probably another Lindsay. And he's only 14. If that were my daughter I'd bitchslap the living **** out of her. Unfortunately nowadays, ungrateful brats can call the cops. But I'd sure make sure she'd remember me. Ungrateful little witch.

Deadpool23

well she is or was dating an 18 (almost 19) guy, that is true, thats not a lie... she post lots of pics of them together and she was getting lots of criticism on twitter because of the age difference. I dont know who is lying here, but I hope everything works out in the end.
one other thing, my 14 year old daughter would not be dating an 18 year, over my dead body...18 is when the dude is the horniest.

harleyharlett

wow!!! living off her kids work - should be ashamed of herself! if it's not true why did she loose her other kids to social services - and they are all child actors - she needs to go to jail!!!

zombie

Mother=Psycho. Abusers always love to place blame on someone or something else, rather than admit they are at fault. They try to convince that everyone around them are the crazy, out of control ones, when they are the crazy ones. She definitely sounds like a master manipulator and liar. Wouldn't trust a thing out of a greedy stage parents mouth.

Dustin

You would think mom's PR folks could come up with a better story then that this late in the game.

Dohi

Ew.

Perky

Money is the common denominator. Sister wants some of the kid's money, so does mom. Kid needs to move out of the house and go live with a relative, or just go get one of those quickie Mexican weddings with her boyfriend, get knocked up, and tell everybody to go put a cu***ber in it. I'm sure the show could write her baby-bump into the script of 'Modern Family', no biggie.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments