Ariel Winter's Mother

I Didn't Abuse My Daughter

I Blocked Statutory Rape

11/8/2012 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1108_ariel_winter_and_mom_splash
"Modern Family" star Ariel Winter's mother insists she did NOT abuse her daughter -- claiming 14-year-old Ariel is making up stories ... because her mother wouldn't let her engage in a sexual act with her 18-year-old boyfriend.

Ariel's mom Chrystal Workman released a statement today, saying ... “I love my daughter very much. I would never abuse her in anyway and I have always tried my best to always protect her and do what is right for her."

She explained, "My fourteen-year-old daughter has been dating an eighteen-and-a-half-year-old man, and when I caught them engaging in behavior that I feel my daughter is too young mentally and physically to understand and fully grasp I put a stop to it immediately."

Chrystal doesn't identify the boyfriend ... but says she filed a report with the LA County Sheriff's Department "because legally he is an adult and if he wants to engage in adult behavior with a minor than [sic] he should also be ready to suffer adult consequences for his actions."

According to the incident report, Chrystal walked in on Ariel and the boyfriend in bed, in the guest room of her home ... on Sept. 24 at around 10pm.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the Sheriff's Special Victims' Bureau does have an open investigation into Chrystal's allegations.

However, TMZ has learned ... Chrystal's report wasn't filed until 2 weeks after the alleged incident -- and 5 days AFTER she lost custody of Ariel.

TMZ broke the story ... the 14-year-old actress, who plays Alex Dunphy on 'MF', was removed from her mother's care by a judge in the wake of serious allegations of physical and emotional abuse.

Ariel's older sister, Shanelle, now has temporary guardianship of the actress.

Chrystal claims Shanelle only came "out of the woodwork once it was announced that the kids on the show got a big raise recently."

Danielle123

I actually believe the mom. I was a teenager once and I know how ridiculous teens can be. This 14 year old GIRL is dating an 18 year old man and nothing is wrong with that? If the average parent found out their 14 year old daughter was dating a grown man, I can assure you that things would not be calm in that household either. There is no way that this relationship is occurring with no sexual encounters. This is an 18 year old guy we're talking about. If I was the mother, I would be beyond terrified as well. The mother's past is questionable however, we can all agree that the relationship between a 14 year old and an 18 year old is simply ridiculous and if it were your own daughter, there would be problems.

Also, almost everything out of a teenager's mouth is a lie. Of course this girl says that her mother abused her so she gets put in her sisters home; who will let the girl do whatever she wants while attempting to get a portion of the money. It's too blatant and obvious. I believe the mother.

Danielle123

And what grown man finds a 14 year old girl attractive in that way?

I know the difference is merely four years but the maturity of the different ages is very large.

The girl just hit puberty and he pounces on her. I mean...how is this not a big deal?

Adrien303

Don't know if it was abused or not but Ariel needs to slow down. Enjoy your childhood as long as possible. If her mother abused her that's the courts to decide.

LightJ

Wow, nice to say about her older daughter. So how does that explain why she left her mom in the first place? Had nothing to do with getting a raise. I just don't see why two daughters would say the same thing? Can't believe a daughter would go to such lengths to call her mom a child abuser, just to f*ck a guy. I mean i''m pretty sure the court isn't that stupid and would just be like "okay, she claims abuse, so lets send her off with the elder sister". I mean this just doesn't make sense and what was the older sisters excuse 20 years ago? Did she get put into foster care till she was 18, just because she wanted to f*ck a guy too and completely cut off this family? I mean whatever, I don't believe this woman.

Niecy99

Wow!..Once labeled an abuser one will always be looked at as one, even if innocent at the time of any incident. In this case it's hard to call it. The girl's boyfriend was clearly out of line, the girl was in a very vulnerable place and easy to manipulate. The mom has been known to be abusive, but was she being that way at the time?...Who knows.

Niecy99

Why would she even allow her daughter to date someone who is old enough to have sex legally if you her daughter is not??.. This is always an issue with boys who turn 18 and now can and girls who can't yet. The pressure is on, and the girl usually caves in. With male raging hormones at that age, what did she expect out of it? At 14 she should have never been with an 18 1/2 year old man, period. No matter who had custody!

CD

I used to be a server at a restaurant they frequented. Her mother was completely abusive, verbally, mentally and emotionally and I remember thinking that girl is going to have some problems later on. I'm glad that Ariel is out of that manipulative, psychotic woman's home and influence.

CD

I used to be a server at a restaurant they frequented and I can tell you I was witness to the mental and emotional abuse that little girl went through. I always thought that something bad would happen to Ariel at some point because of the manipulative and psychotic woman. I for one am glad she's out of that household.

MikeD

About the timing.. So What ! Engaging in sex with a 14 year old girl IS A CRIME ! Period

Jennifer

This breaks my heart that a 14 year old girl is doing this to her mother over a 18 year man. I have seen this before I watched a girl do the same thing to her mother and had to watch on the news that the girl killed her mother because she didn't want a boy dating her daughter.. Wake up people look at the timeline, Just in May before see started dating this guy she posted on Twitter that she had the best mom ever. Think people think!!!!!!!

Steve

TMZ's comment: "Chrystal's report wasn't filed until 2 weeks after the alleged incident -- and 5 days AFTER she lost custody of Ariel'" seems to try and justify a minor being possibly raped by an adult man. Where are you trying to bring us TMZ? It is wrong . . .

peachpie

What ever woman. Child protection services usally are guilty of not doing enough. not doing too much. I have watched too many dysfunctional parents screw up their kids and get away with it. I am not interested in listening to another screwd up adults horror stories. Good for her nip it in the bud at 14 instead of therapy @ 25!!

Areader

Sounds as though the Mom is covering her ass!

adelle

People don't seem to get it, I highly doubt we would have even heard about this girl's way older boyfriend had she never lost custody of her meal tick...errm daughter. Don't you people get it? She didn't have a problem with it until AFTER she lost custody, she didn't bring anything up until AFTER... if I'm concerned about my daughter being with an older man I am concerned right then and there...NOT TWO WEEKS LATER! Ridiculous! Her mom's concern is phony and only came about when she lost custody. No one is trying to say its acceptable that she is with an older guy, I think everyone is in agreement that he is too old and it's wrong. That is not the debate...the debate is why the heck her "concerned" mother waited so long.

ninatrans

A mother doesn't release a statement that contains private details about her minor daughter's life. A mother doesn't make public derogatory comments about her adult daughter that impact her minor daughter. This woman is no mother.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments