Ariel Winter's Mother

I Didn't Abuse My Daughter

I Blocked Statutory Rape

11/8/2012 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1108_ariel_winter_and_mom_splash
"Modern Family" star Ariel Winter's mother insists she did NOT abuse her daughter -- claiming 14-year-old Ariel is making up stories ... because her mother wouldn't let her engage in a sexual act with her 18-year-old boyfriend.

Ariel's mom Chrystal Workman released a statement today, saying ... “I love my daughter very much. I would never abuse her in anyway and I have always tried my best to always protect her and do what is right for her."

She explained, "My fourteen-year-old daughter has been dating an eighteen-and-a-half-year-old man, and when I caught them engaging in behavior that I feel my daughter is too young mentally and physically to understand and fully grasp I put a stop to it immediately."

Chrystal doesn't identify the boyfriend ... but says she filed a report with the LA County Sheriff's Department "because legally he is an adult and if he wants to engage in adult behavior with a minor than [sic] he should also be ready to suffer adult consequences for his actions."

According to the incident report, Chrystal walked in on Ariel and the boyfriend in bed, in the guest room of her home ... on Sept. 24 at around 10pm.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the Sheriff's Special Victims' Bureau does have an open investigation into Chrystal's allegations.

However, TMZ has learned ... Chrystal's report wasn't filed until 2 weeks after the alleged incident -- and 5 days AFTER she lost custody of Ariel.

TMZ broke the story ... the 14-year-old actress, who plays Alex Dunphy on 'MF', was removed from her mother's care by a judge in the wake of serious allegations of physical and emotional abuse.

Ariel's older sister, Shanelle, now has temporary guardianship of the actress.

Chrystal claims Shanelle only came "out of the woodwork once it was announced that the kids on the show got a big raise recently."

Kali

So what happened 20 years ago with the other child removed from her care? No California court takes kids out of home unless absolutely necessary. This hog is lying to protect her meal ticket.

Justice

---
POINTS TO CONSIDER.
Notice how the mother is still getting her abuse in with the elder daughter ? Refering to her as " coming out of the woodwork:" is not the way you would mention a daughter. She was removed from this monsters custody 20 years ago and probably has never been back. Coming out of the wood work is abusive lanuage and usually used when you refer to things that come ouit of the woodwork like rats or roaches or...bad people. She's a sick person still dissing the older daughter..
Also=== mom seems to be getting vindictive with the 18 year old boy and trying to ruin his life and her younger daughters all at the same time.The age of consent is 14 in several states and so is not really that big a deal if you look at the natural aspect of it. Elvis married Priscilla when she was 14. Mom is out for blood!
Also--- in studying the body language of the photo? Mom has her arm protectively and possesively around the little daughter who is dressed in a red short dress, as if to say, " she's mine!'
Daughter Ariel is lucky to escape the clutches of this witch just like the older one did.
Verbal and physical abuse lasts for a lifetime and is meant to degrade the victim and keep them down.
Look for the mom being charged next if there is a God. There is probbaly not a God in L.A. but the D.A. may grow a pair and end up going after Mommy Dearest for beating down Ariel. Mommy has a history of abuse now.

joecrabs

It's out of your hands now, Mom. The Hollywood beast has its grip on your daughter. She is making insane money for a 14 year old. She has creepy agents, directors, studio types, telleing her she doesn't need you. She is being offered, and I am sure, accepting drugs. So, sit back, let it happen, and accept the measley money you get offered for the reality show when the entertainment biz is done with her.

lisamorunning

This mother did the right thing. Just because her daughter is on TV doesn't absolve her from her parental duty. She is one smart Mama!

katie10

TMZ is disgusting to keep reporting on this, she's a frickin 14 year old girl. When will enough be enough with you people, what age is too young? Frickin disgusting TMZers!

TT

She might be right but then again who knows, this is acting industry with lots of money at stake might not even be a bf but instead some pervert producer wanting illegal jailbait. I don't trust anything I read regarding acting industry people.

OCSurferGirl

I don't want to go too in depth for Ariel's sake but know that Crystal Workman is a liar, a con artist who will exploit anyone and anything she can to avoid working. I know the boy in question here and I can assure you, the relationship had Crystal's blessing until this whole thing went down. Crystal only made that police report because she wants to threaten Ariel. This woman doesn't care what Ariel does, she just doesn't want her free ride to go away and she'll stop at nothing to secure that.

just because

lmao or her mom is a drunk and likes to fight

Pockets

Meh, 14 year old chick blowing her life up over a dude, sounds like a Maury episode.

Danielle123

Just like Jennifer stated, the girl was absolutely fine with her mother BEFORE she started dating the boy. Tweeted tht she had the best mom and everything. Teenagers lie, especially girls, and I have seen children lie on their parents all the time. The things the females will do for a man is pretty much ridiculous. If the mother was EVER abusive, I believe she got that way once she found out her little girl was dating a grown man. Think about it.
Imagine this: She tries to tell her daughter stop dating the guy. The girl doesn't want to, curses mom out. Tension, and possibly a little yanking, and if mad enough, the girl probably got slapped too.
Now we all are aware of how teenagers can be. I for one can't believe that my own mother didn't hit me with the way I acted at that age. However, if she found me with an 18 year old boyfriend, I can guarantee she would have.
Now that I state it, I kind of do believe the mother probably hit her, but more than likely ONLY out of anger and frustration that her daughter wouldn't listen to what she said.
Mind you, this is not something as simple as washing the dishes; this is a 14 year old girl dating an 18 year old man.
I would've been infuriated too. Teenagers talk to their parents any type of way, and they continue to get away with it. That's fine for something simple but when they believe that they can get out of hand when you're telling them not to date a grown man is something extremely different. I truly think that if she was ever hit, it was occurred as many verbals fights and then finally led to this one time incident, and the teenage girl ran with it.

M.oden

girl is horny and has money and another place to go. Judge is wrong. Smack her!.

Stephiemark

As a mom she probably thought she could control it but when she lost custody she ratted. I think the daughter should be with her mother.

Meg

I think it's more to the story. The mother is no angel but neither is the girl. The mother only filed this after she lost the custody but the girl tweeted she was the best Mom in the world in May. And we know how teenagers easily get manipulated. Remember the news about 2 boys killing their father because he didn't them hang out the pedo neighbor?

forhim4herforloveforlife

I'd just like to say Ariel's been a good girl over these years, but she's not your little hayriding teen daughter back there in Nebraska. She's received some real nastiness for developing both mentally and physically at a rate that was "too early" for some, but you know, you're supposed to judge people by how they actually behave over the long term. She carries herself with a level of grace and dignity that's nonexistent in many actors her age, and without being snooty about it, and quite frankly it shouldn't be a shock for someone her age with a career and loads of responsibility and sacrifice, who interacts with adults all week, to find something special with a guy four years older than her. It just isn't. It's damn healthy and normal for the world she lives in. These two have been in love and devoted to one another for quite a while now, and if there was any naughtiness going on you'd better believe Big Mama knew all about it. She just pulled this out of her ass like an ace card when her money maker was removed from her custody, and I agree about how nasty she was regarding the older daughter. If you follow Ariel's social media, you'll see she's always been very close with her sister and her nieces and cousins, but almost never mentions her mom. Sorry, but I'm behind this girl all the way. You go, Miss Winter. Do what you need to do to stay safe and sane, and I'm sorry it all blew up like this for you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4