CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

Mel

WOW what a crybaby!!

chris

seriously, Don Lemon. He acknowledged you. He gave you a handshake. You are a shallow egomaniac.

sfdenizen

Don, this is really silly. I think you're upset that Jonah didn't know who you were and didn't genuflect sufficiently in the presence of such an important media starlet.

beth

Well a friend of mine worked on the movie moneyball as a pitcher..he said everyone was sooo nice and the whole cast would go out to diner often but johnah never went and i guess everyone knew that johnah was a douch bag and wasnt nice at all..my friend tried to say hi to him one time and he just ignored him

Ben

Where to even start?
________________
Who is Don and what makes him think he is better then anyone else?
------------------------
Automatic Raciest? You can caulk it up to he DIDN'T know you, DIDN'T have time for you and Didn't OWE you anything. But he is a Raciest cause he didn't kiss your A$$
-----------------------
Oh and smoke one together for you love of pot. Nice to see CNN have such great standards for it's Anchors.

Alibotify

Jonah Hill is a real ass in real life....
I am not an American but I have several friends who worked on movies with him and he is ALWAYS mean to people, especially women!

On 21 Jump street he apperantly made some girl cry and just laughed about it....he's a real dick....

Take it or leave it! This is my experience and what i've heard...

CLINT

He shook his hand and said hi. What was he supposed to do, go back into the bathroom and give him a BJ? Of course Don would have loved that.

Randall

all i can say is who's jonah hill? lol

GothamGirl

When you read the back and forth tweets, Don comes off as a real ASS!

Pat

Oh, little cry baby! Waaaaahhhhhhh! Get OVER your dumb ass self!

chaozz

Wow a little sensitive, and to reference the help, Is way over top, lets pull out that black card.

Jade

Don who? He stalked a guy in a bathroom, and then got upset when the guy didn't appreciate it. Sounds like Don is either doing a headline grab, or else thinks more of himself than others do.

Scooter

***

Fantastic Four

S0... Jonah Hill is a racist because he treated a relatively anonymous CNN employee "like the help"?

Blacks run out of things to complain about in this country?

Taryn

was he supposed to know who this Don is? hello...