CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

Tracy

why try to use the trusty old race card? face it youre not that important loser.

Tommy

Both are loser s***bags.Who cares

TMZluver

Don Lemon's overreaction to this insignificant incident is like Jonah Hill said: "Like a 12-year old girl" This is reDONculous...lmao!!

a long time Leno fan!

Lemonade thinks the actor owes him acknowledgement because? Making a big deal over this is ridiculous considering the actor clearly had other things on his mind.

LAChris

I like Don Lemon, watch him every Saturday -- but he did act like a 12 year old here.

DCR1

Firstly, perhaps Don has just experianced a taste of what he has been giving to what he refers to as the help, and in the future it would do him well not to refer to people by that name or by that nature and just by the name on thier name tags in which they all wear! Secondly, one need only to follow what Jonah Hill has been up to inorder to understand that this is his personality, so if he thought he would be treated any diffrently than others before him well..... And lastly why does it even matter? He did'nt know this man before being told by someone he felt by his discription of the worker less important than himself, it wouldbode him well, to think about his arrogance, as accepting as others are of who is is to reciprocrate, put the snobbery away treat others as equals and don't sweat that of which you cannot change!

ohreally

Why would Don give a **** about that fat puggy little 5'7 piece of ****? Lmao smh

ohreally

Oh I originally voted for Don, but after reading these tweets, Don is sounding like a female man. Especially with that first tweet "Lesson: Always be nice" Wtf?

Whatever. And that thumbnail of him looking to the side is making him look real sugary. lol

Gordon

Why do Black people ALWAYS play the friggin' race card over the stupidest things? Don is an a-hole cry baby. What is his agenda?

Elizabeth

Jonah Hill- needs to lose more weight, as it is affecting his manners'=

kitnplayn

It would be great if you both shut up.

Hawk

Grow up Don. You're a professional news anchor. Sorry Jonah didn't give you a high five.

Carolan

Hold up there Lemon!! Pulling the race card because the poor guy was in a hurry?? He owes you NOTHING! I'm sure he gets bothered by people all the time and he has a right to simply live his life, you know! He was courteous and kind to you in spite of his rush and if the handshake wasn't good enough then too bad!! I suggest you stop your bad mouthing because the only one looking bad is you! The more you talk the worse you look. Stop your whining!

karen

Don, I love ya, but really dude get the heck over it. Put your big boys pants on and deal with it. You are a journalist in the public eye. If you can't handle someone not saying "hi" to you, you are in the wrong line of business.

Carla628

Jonah did not own Don any acknowlegement. Get over yourseflf Don. Everyone is not going to like you. Mama did not tell you that!!!