CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

Susan

Don you are a baby, baby!!! I hope CNN wakes up & realizes how bad an anchor you are. You & O'Brien need to leave together.

Danny B

ARE you kidding me, get over yourself I dont hardly know who you are , he probably didnt either, get over yourself

james tmz follower

Hey Don I am black and I know Jonah Hill is a movie actor and that is what he is. All you had to say was "what is up" and go about your day.
I saw the Wu tang clan way back in 1993 when the were getting huge at rock n soul in manhattan and I just looked to them like there were ordinary people and went about my business. I mean what more do you want! now you are going to pretend you don't know the guy and sweated him for a hand shake. People got **** on there minds brother let it go before CNN let 's you go!

SC

He is a major jackass. Black man complex. Using his position inappropriately

theoriginalboo

Worked with Don when he was in Chicago he's a total ass hole. He didn't won't go out on a story and tried to play the race card, it didn't work he was suspend. Again he's a total ass hole. P.S. I'm black.

Enlightened

I love that he called him a 12-year-old girl. Wonder why the openly gay Lemon didn't play the "gay" card rather than the race card. And frankly, after all of the empty-headed shilling for Obama that Lemon's done on CNN, he DESERVES to be treated like "the help." Stop acting like the democratic party's obedient house servant, and perhaps you won't be treated like one. ConservativeBalckNetwork. com

JohnJohn

Don needs to put on his big girl panties and stop crying about trying to shake a celebrity's hand outside a public bathroom. Perhaps Jonah had not washed his hands after his use of the facilities and was trying to be polite.

Anyway... You have to ask yourself, if he had to ask the bellman afterwards who this guy (Jonah Hill) was then why was he trying to shake his hand in the first place?

Steve A

Don who? Get over it dude. You're a nobody!

TNT

Is this Lemon guy gay? I don't know who he is but for him to make a big deal of this is pretty sad especially for a news anchor. He seems quite effeminate

Rahiq Syed

PM2901

I hope Jonah sticks to his guns and doesn't go on the Jerry MacGuire. . .I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE tour in an effort to prove something that doesn't need proving. Don is a nobody looking for his 15 minutes. If a "hi" and a handshake won't do it, then nothing will. Get a life, Don!

Michael Layken

DON LEMON USING CNN AS HIS BULLY PULPIT NOW AND CNN ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN!!! Don Lemon's big personal agenda.... I thought he was to report the news only for CNN to it's viewers!!!

Michael Layken

Don Lemon's ego is hurt and CNN is letting Don Lemon now become the bully. Should other famous people become concerned or afraid that if they run into Don Lemon and don't respond to him as Don Lemon sees fit that Don will use his broadcasting position at CNN to knock them also to millions of viewers who are watching to hear the new ONLY?

The Dago

Don' s a woos!!!! Grow some Don !

Wowda Melms

This is what happens when the house ******s get used to getting their feet kissed.