CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

Elke

Seriously he needs to leave Jonah alone! Sounds like Don is being pushy and not very kind. Was Jonah supposed to go on a date with him or something? Poor guy can't' even go to the bathroom without being accosted. That would annoy me.

Elliot

Jonah Hill is a known a-hole. He ran me off the road in Brentwood (he doesn't know how to drive a Porsche) and then flipped me off for the privilege. Get over it! Don't see his movies. Stop whining like a teenage girl.

Elliot

Nicole

It sounds more like Don Lemon was the one having the bad day and forgot to take his Midol. What a big baby. The dude acknowledged you and shook your hand, it's not like he said "**** off" or ignored you. Get over YOURSELF Don Lemon. And maybe YOU should learn from your OWN mothers words and be kind instead of being pissy cause you were late for a flight and blah blah blah.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Don't really know who these guys are, but I would be extremely uncomfortable if somebody approached me as I was leaving the restroom.

Vail

As someone in the public eye as well Don should realize that when your a celeb every stranger feels entitled to your time just because THEY know YOU. Jonah didn't know this guy - he didn't owe him anything..hes a complete stranger to him and doesn't owe him squat. Don should be happy he shook his hand and quit being a d-bag attempting to showcase his 'power' by blasting JH in public.

Keyser Söze

The f*ck did that a-hole Lemon expected from Hill - that he sucked his d*ck or something?

He shook your hand, bitch - that's more than you should expect from anyone. So, seriously, start crying like a little girl and move on, you balless wonder.

MrCrowley73

Dude your a nobody get over it.he didnt know who your are.your not that famous big boy.

Kelly

"I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people..." OH GROW UP YOU BIG GIRL!

beachgal

Hehe that's right, Jonah Hill FELDSTEIN ... this fat kid has always been a royal spoiled brat jerk with head up rear-end, thinks he's special cuz daddy worked for Guns n roses lol

Canadasux

As the saying goes Mr. Lemon, "Do you want some cheese with that whine?"

destini

OMG Don SHUT UP! Im black and I think your being a pompus jackass. Grow UP

Cooley

Why is it that when people come out they become bitchy?

It happened with Rosie and it's been happening with Don. Don has been acting like a diva bytch on CNN for quite some time.

The shade he threw in this video is funny af... did you notice he makes sure to note:

* that he was late because he's so famous someone wanted to take a picture with him.
* that Jonah Hill was so unmemorable he couldn't think of his name.

Diva! Stop it, Don.

Kennedy

Dude, don't you get it, liberals talk a good race relations game but when nobody is looking they are racist too...They just like to point the finger at the repulican party and cry foul.

just sayin

I like how he points out he was made late for his flight because his driver wanted a picture, but when he sees jonah hill rushing throught the airport he expects him to act like he's at a signing.