CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

beachgal

Jonah Feldstein you're as lame & transparent as Lindsay Lowhan type-type-typing away, smearing Lemon the way Lowhan smears all of her accusers when she gets caught. lol!

Cooley

LOL at Don Lemon's fake niceness. "I'd been taught by mother to always be kind to people."

Did she also teach you to blow things out of proportion and misuse your media platform for pettiness?

Kelly

Fascinating how self-proclaimed victims use bully tactics to work out their personal liberation. Didn't realize Lemon was that insecure/unstable.

LISA

You have got to be kidding ... did CNN really air this? Don Lemon says the word 'LIKE' more than a 12 year old girl!

Why would CNN even hire a childish man who is hyper-sensitive anyway? Loved Hill's retort. LOL !!

jacksonorleans

I worked with Jonah Hill on 21 jump street as an extra..and he was so friendly with us..not something that happens a lot. A very nice guy..down to earth. Wonder what Mr Lemon...CNN's help... would say if he ran into Howie Mandel? Wow..they have nothing to talk about anymore.. Don't know who this lemon dude is as I don't watch cable news..but he whines like a little spoiled girl.

Pavs

What a b$#$&! Don Lemon's tight little p#$%^ hurts I guess. Little does he know, he IS the help. He's helping the Implanters on this planet tell you how BAD you are and how ALL people with black skin are VICTIMS to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. The Dark energy that thinks in reverse has tricked all you fools!

adelle

Wow...huge inflated sense of self-importance much?

Jonah didn't even have to give you the time of day and you're lucky you even got that...

how childish of you that you would then go on a tirade on twitter and on tv...you just out'ed yourself an immature childish loser and i doubt anyone feels i iota of sympathy for you

he is NOT obligated to feed into your delusional sense of self-importance and ego and the fact that you actually believe he should be obligated to acknowledge you in the way you see as fit just because your a "CNN Anchor" just goes to show how utterly HUGE your sense of self-entitlement is, and how big your ego is. You're just an Anchor, you aren't GOD GET THE FCK OVER YOURSELF YOU SELF ENTITLED PIG.

beachgal

Since when is stating the truth a "bully tactic"? Lol.

rico

I never got,Jonah. Alwats thought there was a douch bag in him somewhere.

monique

just because you're in some "public spotlight" don't mean the entire world knows of you, to be honest till this story i've never even heard of you so it could be jonas hill has never heard of you before either, he did say he shook your hand and was on his way NEWSFLASH! the world does NOT revolve around you

Carl

Jonah probably was somewhat rude, but Don is turning a minor incident into some major event, making him just as bad.
I live in LA and occasionally see celebrities while out and about. Generally I don't bother them because I figure they just want to go about their business without getting stopped every 5 minutes by random people. Guess Don doesn't feel the same way.

Kelly

In other news... I was waiting in the airport lounge with Parker Posey and she didn't pay enough attention to me! Waaahhh!

Max

12 year old girl is about right. No one cares about you Don and most people have never heard of you. You're a talking head, a talentless blo-hard.

Bad Dog

He had to ask who Jonah was but now acts butthurt? Someone give him a piece of chocolate and a midol

Anna

Mr. Lemon, Its too bad you had your feeling hurt and now because you have a voice on TV you find it necessary to blast Jonah. What rubs me the wrong way is you didnt even know his name!! You expect him to be over joyed because someone who couldnt even address him by name said hi? I think its time you start using your powers for GOOD and not EVIL. You just came off one of he most important election we have ever had and this is what you choose to use your voice for? Get over yourself.
#badcnnreporter