CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

UZURBRAIN

Who are they? What do they do....Acting, Musician?

JB

So I am confused - he was taught to be nice to people by his mommy yet HE keeps referring to the "help" or bellman like THEY should be treated different? Like THEY are below him. Like if Jonah treated the "help" that way (who calls them "help" but rich stuck up bigoted people) it would have been okay but don't treat princesss Don like that?

What a loser and just like Rosie, he's hateful and even though claims because he's gay he earned the tolerant passport, when in reality, Like Rosie, just another intolerant hateful liberal who has some self inflated perception of who they are.

Dave

Lemon stop being a little b!tch and grow up.

ok

Lemon should know about rudeness. He always cuts off his guests, Always makes them wait as he asks a 4 minute question, then cuts off the interview. This clown is one reason I had to stop watching CNN.. he's as bad as Sanchez.

andy

I think what we've learned most profoundly from this entire incident, is that it's never a great idea to shake ANYONE's hand as they're leaving the bathroom.
Definitely awkward, and potentially health concerning, at best.
Sounds like Jonah was somewhat stand offish and rude, but also, Don has likely tried to make hay out of a small blade of grass (so to speak).
EVERYBODY CHILL . . .

Cooley

LMAO at all the people turning this into a race issue. That's not what Don meant when he referenced 'the help."

Obamais still aracist

the guy is a racist,sorry Lemon your racist and trying to harm some one who didnt give you the attention You Wanted and for that you make a racist claim what an a$$

Julie

There are lots of stories around Hollywood about Jonah Hill treating people poorly. Ask the West Hollywood Target employees who HELPED JH get away from the paparazzi how he treated them. D-bag.

Kelly

In addition to the obvious absurdity of Mr. Lemon's gripe, thank you to those who pointed out that invoking the term "the help" is TOTALLY playing the race card - and right off the bat, no less! That's actually quite despicable.

BIDHITTER

ummm who the fk is don lemmon and who is jonna hill!?

kakes

Sounds like someone lost his balls and is just acting like a *****. Grow some!

Cinner

If someone (a stranger) was waiting to bumrush me coming out of the bathroom the most they would get is a hi and then a note to self: STALKER

DaDude

Jonah Hill is a fat dbag. Don is an overly sensitive dbag. They are both right!

BOHOE

It appears Don was cruising the men's room .......
Too bad his mother didn't teach him not to talk to strangers