« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike Brown

Fired Lakers Coach Drowns

Sorrows at Chick-fil-A

11/9/2012 1:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1109-tmz-mike-brown-fired
Nothing softens the sting of being fired from the Los Angeles Lakers organization like a chicken sandwich ... just ask ex-coach Mike Brown ... who hit up a Chick-fil-A right after he got the chop today.

TMZ obtained photos of Brown hanging at a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Costa Mesa, CA around 11:30 AM ... just a few hours after news broke that he was fired from the team over their dismal 1-4 start.

We're told Brown was super-nice to fans ... taking pics and shaking hands ... but he never discussed the firing.

However, it appears Brown WAS in the mood to talk ... 'cause he was in the middle of a phone convo with legendary L.A. sports reporter Jim Hill when he stopped to take the above photo.

Brown seems to be handling the situation with class -- releasing a statement saying, "I have great respect for the Buss family and the Lakers’ storied tradition and I thank them for the opportunity they afforded me."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FukUall6787

Hey Mike you minus well fill out an job application while your there LOL.

I LOVE MY NIPPLES

I love Chick Fil-A they also have a secret menu like In N Out Burger. Next time your at Chick Fil-A try the furrr burger! Its so yummy ; ) hehe

DeeCee

dude please the Lakers will still have to pay him in full millions do you hear me millions of free dollars

Whome?

He was never a good fit. But at least he keeps his contract money.

StevenB

I was on sympathetic to Brown - being once again scapegoated for the failure of others, especially a spoiled little diva-brat, but the sympathies took a big hit when I learned he was a patron of that horrible place.

Jeanne Tutt

omg I have that same shirt! the one with the blurred out face... LOVE IT!

stu

Chic fiL OF SH!T- A & Popeyes= NASTY!!!!!!

Serious Jelly

In the words of the great Michael Jackson.... this is "Serious Jelly." But I have a way... that coach Mike Brown can still help the Lakers and saved the day.

"Just go over and volunteer your services to help coach the Los Angeles Clippers."

Gary

I think the team Captain should be fired also...after all...he is the real person in charge of his team....but Kobe doesn't get blamed for anything....watch when he misses a basket....it's never his fault....he yells at the refs that he was fouled....just ask Stu....he is so far up Kobe's butt that I don't know how he breathes....he must get a bonus for every time he praise ball hog Bryant.

Truth

What does he care.. he still gets a big payout from contract termination. Hence, the big gay smile. #Truth!!

DonnaMarie

I don't know much about basketball, but a coach can only do so much. When the players are not doing their part, the coaches always get blamed. That's in any sport. But Kobe is not the golden child! He is just someone who can't take losing, but he should look in the mirror, he didn't respect his new coach anyway.

Action Jackson

As a Cleveland Fan, always thought Mike Brown was a really nice, classy guy, but not a great coach. That being said he has made more money in his lifetime than all the commenters on this page! I would be smiling too!

DaveT

Chicken makes everything better

Gary

Hey Lakers...why don't you fire the team Captain Kobe...shouldn't he be doing his job?...although nothing is ever his fault....ask Stu...he is so far up Kobe's butt, I don't know how he breathes....he has to say Kobe at least 1,000 times a nite or Kobe will be mad...every time Kobe misses a basket, he wants a foul...and the other players don't shoot because egomaniac Kobe is always telling them to give hiim the ball...they act like they are afraid of him..

Brad

Mike seems like a nice guy, having been around him myself once before.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments