Ariel Winter/Child Actors

You Be the Judge

11/10/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1107-ariel-winter-tmzWe broke the story ... 14-year-old Ariel Winter from "Modern Family" is now under a temporary guardianship after allegations her mother, Chrystal Workman, brutalized her.

It's a sad situation, so we gotta ask ...

Scott Levy

I believe the story about her mom walking in on April and her 18 year old boyfriend. Any 18 year old dating a girl April's age has to be a total sleazebag.

CarneyIsGod

'Least well adjusted star' Only answer is Lohan. LOL

jdritsch

Wow, In all my times on TMZ, I have never seen so many posts about the same topic, and this is a topic that nobody cares about. Obama winning presidency again, MJ death, Seals divorce, all combined don’t have as many stories as this. Ariel Winter who? Chrystal Workman who? I never watched Modern Family, but I’ll put money on it that this 14 year old girl becomes like Lindsey Lohan over the next few years due to all the drama and the fact she is 14 and dating an 18 year old. That’s all I took away from skimming through the articles.

LisaA

The real question:

SHOULD TMZ GIVE THIS 14 YEAR OLD GIRL SOME PRIVACY?

dyls_E

dakota fanning and Elijah Wood seem to be doing fine, so they can turn out just fine. It would be hard to keep you head with that kind of life tho. :)

Bstone

I think reporting on this is incredibly ignorant. A young girl should not have to deal with the stress of having her family's dirty laundry aired.

The mother is also ignorant for releasing a statement. It's family buisness.

tenley

She's 14. TMZ has someone on staff who is inappropirately obsessed with reporting on this 14 year old's private life and posting photos of her in tight t-shirts. How is TMZ more admirable than this mother it's bent on trashing in the press? The mother might be correct, after all, but TMZ is exploiting the girl, sexualizing the girl, using the underage girl as its money machine.

marymac

Believe the children. Remember Sandusky.

SmittenKitten

well played on the lindsay question, TMZ! lol!

SmittenKitten

for the record, the court system doesn't just hand over guardianship to an older sibling (or anyone else, for that matter) without STRONG cause...whether the gossip world believes the girl or the mother doesn't matter --- a well-experienced child welfare judge DOES...

Michelle

I have to say, TMZ, the only selection for "Least Well-Adjusted Star" made me bowl over laughing! 100% Lohan. Good one! NOW....let's please get off this "Ariel Winters" crap! We are over it and you should be too! No one cares anymore!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Congratulations, TMZ, I don't even watch this girl's show--and you've managed to make me completely sick of her name.

bellyman

"Happy endings/> for child stars" - "Happy Endings?" "For children????" is that even legal to say? LOL! (hate hate hate)

Meanie

Most screwed up child star still goes to Michael Jackson.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

I don't believe a word this little liar says. She threw her own mother right under the bus and is halfway corrupt at the age of fourteen. To those with the wool over their eyes they can't see the truth because ariel is (all together now) a *kid*. Got your number bitch. You'll be in one of those Lindsay/Miley/Britney/Meth progression montages within ten years.

Btw TMZ loved the one-choice answer for the least well-adjusted star. Good one!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments