Ariel Winter

Grandfather's Statement:

I Never Saw Any Abuse

11/10/2012 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1109-ariel-winter-crystal-workman-splashAriel Winter's grandfather claims he never witnessed any abuse of the "Modern Family" actress at the hands of her mother ... according to a declaration filed in the bitter guardianship case.

TMZ obtained a copy of the letter to the court in which James Batistas writes ... his daughter, Chrystal Workman is a "very good mother to all the children."

Batistas adds, "I have never seen any abuse from my daugther or son-in-law towards my granddaughters neither physical nor emotionally."

As TMZ first reported ... a judge ruled allegations Chrystal was abusing 14-year-old Ariel were serious enough that he removed Ariel from her mother's home. Ariel's older sister Shanelle Gray now has temporary guardianship.

In his letter, Batistas also points out that Shanelle came to live with him when she was 16 ... after she also accused her mother of abuse nearly 20 years ago.

However, multiple sources close to the family tell TMZ, Shanelle was actually in the foster care system for more than 2 years before Batistas took custody and moved her to his home in Virginia.

We're also told Batistas only sees his granddaughters about once every 2 years now -- since he still lives in VA -- but does maintain a close relationship with Chrystal by phone.

Batistas closed his letter by saying he wants to see his daughters and granddaughters back together.

Jordan

What happened with the alledged complaint against the 18 year old boyfriend?

Cartman

I've never seen this show. This means nothing to me.

ithoughtitwasgum

why do you keep reporting on this not cute, chubby D-lister?

Reg

WTF,TMZ.? If you can't give us some good goss to bitch about you might as well shut up shop. Seriously does anyone remotely care what is going on with this girl and her family.Jesus I might have to switch over to Hiltons site and endure its latest instagram pic of its hideous body.

Kabala

Scary resemblance there. The mother is what the daughter will look like after years of booze, smokes and pizza...

jdritsch

Wow, In all my times on TMZ, I have never seen so many posts about the same topic, and this is a topic that nobody cares about. Obama winning presidency again, MJ death, Seals divorce, all of them l combined don’t have as many stories as this. Ariel Winter who? Chrystal Workman who? I never watched Modern Family, but I’ll put money on it that this 14 year old girl becomes like Lindsey Lohan over the next few years due to all the drama and the fact she is 14 and dating an 18 year old. That’s all I took away from skimming through the articles.

Reg

Fvcking Hell , That headline sounds like the start of one of your spam posts."My Grandfathers daughters, daughter" LMAO.

Googie

Yeah, like grandpa can testify what's going on in California while he lives in Virginia. Hasn't even visited in 2 years, only speaks to his daughter over phone. He must be senile to think that the Court would take his testimony into consideration.

cherry

Well if the man who sees her once every 2 years says there is no abuse, then it's time to pack it up and call it quits y'all. Cause clearly there's no way he could miss it and I mean it's not like the mother has a history of abusing her children or anything...

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

As a mother.I can surely day that this child.And she IS a child .Can be trying to strong arm her Mother by saying lies because she has money and fame. Kids at that age tend to lie. And if this KID knows she can do whatever she wants if she screams abuse,then she will do it. We as parents are not allowed to punish our kids anymore because the LIBERALS have made it so easy for them to cry injustice. This is sickening. I believe this BRAT is lying,and needs to have her ass beat. That said...She is considered a monster in my book,and will just join the whores of immoral Hollywood.She wants to play adult,which is why she is acting out. Also the show she is on has no morals,so she is gonna pick up on doing whatever she wants to when she talks to her Liberal co-actors .........She is a spoiled little bitch..

Soiled Midget Panties

I can see why he was banging her cause she's hot. Yes I know she's only 14.

GLaDOS

TMZ is f***ing obsessed with this story. I'm officially sick of it. Way to milk a story, TMZ. Every other post seems to end up being about this. I mean, I feel bad for the girl but it's not THAT interesting that it needs like 10 stories written about it a day here.

Mike

Grandpa's statement means nothing. She's probably not going to abuse her in front of other adults. Plus, many people don't consider slapping or pushing or degrading your children as abuse. They think it's acceptable parental behavior.

zombie

So......... he never is out in LA, but maybe every two years, but knows there is no abuse?! What a liar, just like his daughter.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments