'CSI' Star Gary Dourdan

Files For Bankruptcy

These Bills Are Killing Me!

11/12/2012 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1109_david_dourdan_01
On this episode of "TMZ: Bankruptcy Scene Investigators" ... former "CSI" star Gary Dourdan throws in the towel and files for Chapter 11.

The troubled actor filed papers on August 30th -- and according to the docs, has a little over $1.8 mil in assets ... but is in the hole to his creditors to the tune of $1.73 mil.

A large chunk of that debt -- $1,689,704 million -- is owed to various banks, including Union Bank, which apparently holds the mortgage on his home that may be in default.

As for his assets -- $200 cash, $3k in a bank account, $4k in furniture, $200 worth of books, $1,500 in clothes, $500 in watches ... oh and a 2006 Dodge Charger worth $7,000.

Here's the kicker ... Gary says his disposable income is only $321 a month ... claiming his bills ($14,562 a month) eat up just about all of the $14,883 he pulls in on average.

The good news ... the actor says he "anticipates major acting roles" in the future ... which can help pay off his debt.

The end.

GreyWolf

You do what you have to do.

bella

I can act, will that save me from bankruptcy?

beth walker

this is what happens when u leave show that made u famous.i luv it when this happens.drugs arent cheap.stop making excuses.anotherone of drug addicts traits

fuskiegirl21

Until he kicks the drug habit (crack cocaine) he will never get past this debt issue. I feel for him he is really sick.

sammy

sounds like an obama voter

bettyann

he was fired because of his drug habit that is where his money went - now he wants people to be concerned. give me a break????

Tom

14 k is alot not alot of judges make that much

Woodrow

If he is bankrupt with $321 in disposable income, what the hell am I? I make way less then him, pay my bills and am lucky to have $100 in disposable income. I can't buy SH*T.

My 2 "former" friends files for bankruptcy a little while back. What a cop out. Suck it up and pay your bills and have some common sense people.

dlee

can't believe the comments here, chapter 11 doesn't mean he will walk away from his debts, it means they will be restructured and he will have to pay over time. chapter 7 is full bankruptcy and he wouldn't qualify for that. Business's file chapter 11 all the time to give time to pay back. Amazing how little people know about the basic funtions of bankruptcy court. GIVE THE GUY A BREAK

paul shinbaum

sorry to here the news garry

austria

Bankrupt? I THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD! Seriously, after he left the show it was ALL over the news that he died of a drug overdose. At the time I thought "what a waste". Looking at him now, considering the money he wasted and the cushy job he blew, I can only think "What a red-hot mess". Too bad Gary.

Mac

This jack hole wants all of his debts forgiven because he just can't survive on $14,883/MONTH?!? He must be a graduate of The Obama School of Fiscal Negligence...My family of four could live very comfortably on that income.

snowkey

It appears to me that he is returning to CSI. At the end of the last show they showed his grave and made some reference to him, which made me think at that time that he might be returning. This article just confirms it to me.

Foggarty

The interesting thing here is that he clamis his Dodge Charger as an asset worth $7K.... well that car was featured on West Coast Customs and Ryan Freelinghouse built that car for him at a cost of over $100K... so it seems he's trying to pull a fast one there as well!

I wouldn't trust this dude with $10...

JIMMY

An old saying for you,guy ,"don't count your chickens before they're hatched".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments