Barbara Walters

Lindsay's Leno Interview

Is a Slap in the Face

11/12/2012 9:18 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

111212_view_walters

Barbara Walters
is straight-up insulted that Lindsay Lohan canceled an interview with her to chat with Jay Leno instead -- claiming Lindsay's people didn't even have the courtesy to explain why she pulled out.

Barbara spoke out on "The View" this morning, saying, "If they'd said to me 'You know, Barbara, she isn't up to the kinds of questions that you might ask' ... If they had told me that, I wouldn't feel quite as disappointed as I do today."

Lindsay had previously been scheduled to do an interview with Walters on "20/20" but the actress canceled -- and Barbara claims Lindsay's people gave her a BS excuse ... that LiLo just wasn't feeling "up to it."

Next thing Barbara knew, Lindsay's people had booked her on Leno instead -- and she's insinuating ... it's because Leno won't ask the hard-hitting questions Barbara wanted to.

Lindsay's Leno interview is supposed to air next week.

She refused to talk to Barbara -- but you'll recall, Lindsay opened up about her family problems on TMZ Live just last month. The interview was explosive.

1112_lindsay_live_launc2

Hot Chocolate

If they want her interview they will wait until she feels she can best represent herself. But call ahead and let them know you won't show up, don't just skip it, unless you have to.

I think she made an intelligent decision on behalf of her personal upkeep.

LLsez

TOP TWEET

“@Kathbum: I hope Lindsay Lohan blowing off a Barbara Walters interview doesn't undo the hard work she's put into blowing everyone else in Hollywood.”

seamus

Leno should read Lindsay some of the posts here on TMZ. My hat is off to you all, you all make my day. I have been laughing non stop.

Cat

Walters, get over it,,, You're yesterdays news. Go out to pasture and retire.

Zarley

Ba Ba Wa Wa..HaHa..

jc

Did ya'll see the solved blind on BG Friday?
It was about how DUIna, Milo and Liho were fighting over a reality show and Liho doing DWTS....

Red Cloud

MAXIMUM LOL!!!! Seems like haters refuse to accept the fact that Lindsay has a gigantic number of supporters rooting for her. Good grief, you silly haters cannot possibly think most people see Lindsay as a drunk/drugged 24/7, whoring, talentless, ugly, hobgoblin who plans robberies and wrecks trailers. But hold it, you really do think the masses are with you!!! You really do!!! LOL!!! She will get a rousing reception on 11/20/2012 just like she got last year with a vey real audience. Now this requires concentrated thinking. You can do it. Look at the clip below very closely from 50 to 55 seconds. As the cheering dies down, a few people are still yelling and Lindsay quickly looks to the right and smiles and slightly laughs in acknowledgement. This is happening because there is an audience. There is an audience that is not being told to stand up. The audience chose to stand up. Most people are not delusional haters. Get over it.
BTW, I love Lindsay's voice. Many, many people love Lindsay's voice.
very gone......................

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

JC, that was before 'Parent 2' became DEAD to the 'Star'. Of course, 'Parent 1' is pissed, she's spend almost a 'LIFETIME' trying to alienate 'Star' from 'Parent 2'.

magmax

Hewwo?
Windsay Wohan?
It’s me Windsay Wohan, Wed Cwoudy Boo Boo
Windsay Wohan? I wove youe voice Windsay Wohan. Sometimes Windsay Wohan when I’m missing you I wub my butt with sandpapewe and pwtend youe awe singing to me.
Windsay Wohan? Pwease wemember to get me the Ewmo job on Sesame Stweet. ok?
Do you wike bananas Windsay Wohan? Some kids said I stink wike bananas.
Youew fwiend and wesbian,
Wed Cwoudy Ewmo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEAK FACTORY

Hey Leno..... want to be done with this nepotistic farce?

You can just straightaway ask Linds why she's reneged on the last three interviews in a row - usually at the last minute.

After she hurls a champagne glass at you and staggers "off set", cue to commercial, clear the studio, bring the Next audience, and start over. You'll have the whole rest of the show to talk sh!t on her. This time, the standing O will be genuine.

Win win!!

jc

@Hot Choc...."I think she made an intelligent decision on behalf of her personal upkeep."
1st....Liho hasn't made an intelligent decision since before conception..... and as for the personal upkeep, to begin with that SLAG would need shearing and a silkwood shower.

Vinsetta

There is a marathon about mobsters on A & E tonight and this hour is about all the coke coming in during the 70's and 80's from Columba. Everytime I see these kilos that the DEA has, I think of it Blo doing just the biggest railer you can imagine while stinking up CM.

widebody

I love it! Lindsey, you go girl! S**t on BaBa WahWah every chance you get! BaBa is nothing but an old ****tail waitress who runs around telling the world she had an affair with a black man. Just another old liberal crone. BaBa needs you...you don't need her...fer sure!

Fidel Sarcastro

She only opened up with TMZ because they are star struck with her, she came on, said her part, they threw up softball questions and that was if. If she thought they would have questioned her about her party behavior, her no shows at her job, the accident where she lied to police about driving, her management and lawyers involvement in intervention talks etc... I am sure she would not have been on tmz. TMZ cared more about having her on and not asking her tough questions. That's why she talked to TMZ and not Walters.

traitorwithinme

good for lindsey lohan (cant believe i just said that)....walters deserved it...she is such a prima donna. I remember several years ago walters ask marcia cross before an interview on the view if she can asks questions about her being a lesbian. Cross decline and said her parents are in the audience and they dont know about the rumors etc etc. Well, Walters asked the questions on live tv anyways. Cross and her parents were horrified. Cross and other desperate housewives crew and cast refused to do any other interviews with walters because of it