Matt McConaughey's Weight

Hits Rock Bottom

11/12/2012 5:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A very skinny Matthew McConaughey
Matt McConaughey -- or what's left of him -- arrived at LAX this weekend looking skinnier than ever ... just as he planned.

As we previously reported, the usually buff and shirtless 42-year-old is wasting away to play Ron Woodruff in the movie "The Dallas Buyers Club" -- the true story of a man who contracted HIV through drug use in the '80s and has to smuggle life-saving medications from Mexico.

Matthew is reportedly slated to begin production on the movie in New Orleans today ... and he's reportedly the lightest he's ever been ... down more than 30 pounds from his usual weight.

1112_subasset_matthew_mcconaughey
According to People.com, the actor plans to keep his current weight for another month ... and then the weight gain begins.

1112_weight_footer

Phishie from Philly

Talk about dedication for a movie role. I'm sure he misses his gym set.
Phishie from Philly

Anita

I hope the taping of this movie is over soon, I want our hot mathew back!

daxon

he had a great body for a dude better then mine but to go from that to this O_O amazing what people would do for money

Pookie

and I care because??????

ELLA

You are not alone ♥ find your soul mate on
Love me love my color. A serious interracial online dating & social networking site specifically for singles interested in an interracial dating and relationship.Join (Bing~ InterracialFishes .C.O.Μ~`. The best choice for you!. Here you will meet lots of interracial singles and find friendship, love, romance, marriage or even more with those armed forces, police, navy, security, medical, ambulance, prison, air crew and fire fighters! Has nothing to do with age\color, You can find the man or girl of your dreams. With a brave heart to love. Love and be loved, Let’s love!

JanieC

When Christian Bale did it, he was 30 years old. This seems dangerous to do when you're in your 40s. Not saying he's "too old" but just that it HAS to be harder on your body to put it through this drastic treatment .

anne

What a fool to endanger his health for a movie. He doesn't need to make it. I've lost a lot of respect for his common sense.

Kay

What he is doing is dangerous to his own health!Money is not everything!

Gretel

I'm sure he's being medically monitored, if for nothing else, for the insurance on his film, but he is so think it is frightening. If the film fails he can always be a male model because that's what most of them look like nowadays.

Cujeaux

Still can't lose that big fat ass.

JDUB

I wish I had his willpower.

systasoulja

Awww Matt bulk back up boo! We Wuv your Muscles <3

moxie

He looks horrible. Hope it is worth it.

pam

I find this kind of 'attitude' for a movie part sad, sick and stupid. There are many naturally thin actors, who could have used some makeup to complete the look or lost a mere 10 lbs. We see this over and over again, 'known actors' trying to get a 'good' part so they gain weight or loose it. What bothers me , well enough to write this, is the fact that many other actors could play 'those' parts without all the drama. No wonder no one takes this 'we do not care about weight' crap, because if they did they would look for actors who do not have to waste foolish time loosing or gaining weight, give the parts to actors more suited for the job.

dUb-iLL

Wish I had this problem!!

Am I right ladies?!?!? LOLOLOL!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments