Ariel Winter's Mom

She Attacked Me and Said

"I'll Make You Pay!"

11/13/2012 11:04 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1109_ariel_winter_04

Ariel Winter's mom told the guardianship judge when she confronted her daughter about her relationship with an 18-year-old boy, Ariel attacked her and threatened to make her pay ... this according to court transcripts obtained by TMZ.

Before the court heard Chrystal Workman's side, the judge heard exactly what we reported this morning ... that Ariel's mom, Chrystal was "a terror on the set of 'Modern Family' and that the producer and others there have expressed grave concern ..." this according to the lawyer for Ariel's sister.

The transcript chronicles the court hearing last month, at which the judge removed Ariel from the care of her mother and created a temporary guardianship.

According to the lawyer for Shanelle Gray, "The child [Ariel] is, apparently, struck repeatedly, slapped, hit, pushed, not so as to leave marks. Mother is smart enough not to do that."

But Chrystal fired back, "She is an actress so I'm sure she can cry at the drop of a hat." In other words, Chrystal was warning the judge that her daughter was making up her story.

The lawyer for Shanelle also claimed Chrystal "sexualizes the child," and showed the judge a pic of Ariel "dressed up to show off her breasts and otherwise."

The lawyer also mentions what we said this morning ... that people on the set of "Modern Family" were "having to sneak this child food because the mother deprives the child of food."

Shanelle, who was in court, told the judge her mom physically abused her 20 years ago. But Chrystal said the allegation was false, and what really went down was that Shanelle ran off with a gang member wannabe and they found her at a crack house -- i.e., she has no credibility.

Violette-Blue

This mother sounds like a terror. I'm happy that Shanelle was able to get temporary custody of her sister Ariel. No child should have to be in a position to earn money for his/her family and be abused doing so. I would love to see this mother put in jail where she belongs. Child Welfare Services took Shanelle away 20 years ago due to abuse and neglect. Apparently, it's the truth and this woman needs to be put away as well. I hope the courts will grant Ariel what she deserves and this woman should never come near her ever again.

Babydoll0630

I'm tired of seeing this girls face.........nobody cares. So stop posting about this.

mebrat24

TMZ certainly has a lot of interest in a 14 year old girl and her sex life.
This is to creepy even for the pervs at TMZ
Leave the 14 year old alone and get back to your other lies you tell.

KnuckleDragger

Well, heck, lady...doesn't everyone's daughter run off with a crack-head while they're being raised in a loving, nurturing home? Good parenting...but I don't believe it for one second. But...I'm glad you knew where ALL the crack houses were so you could check 'em one by one.

Raine

I'm confused!!!!! Both sides keeps changing stories, adding new things to bitch about, The girl seems to be in the early stages of snotty.. and Mom is reminding me of the moms I see on "Dance Moms"...

Cujeaux

Lets not beat this boring story to death. I'd rather read about AB pushing a shopping cart around Chelsea.

strike_a_poseur

Stage moms are hilarious in the worst way. They're cool selling their kids to the highest bidder, and letting them grow up way too fast -- until it comes back to bite them in the ass. Pugsley wasn't a cash cow so she wants to make sure her fingers are firmly planted in this little talent.

With that being said, there is a high chance momma raised a monster brat.

Either way, I hope it's resolved soon. Also, I hope Ariel keeps her head about her; it is very easy to become Lindsey or Amanda.

DWeaver

The more I read about the case, the more it sounds like "Mom" has a very bad mental illness. I had a very close friend whose mother had various illnesses, and she treated her daughters much the same way, even down to telling lies about them. I had another friend as a teenager whose parents would lock their cabinets because they wanted her to be a model to make the family money. I'm hoping that the judge continues to see through the woman's lies and keeps Ariel very, very far away from her.

Yup

In the conflicting stories of daughter vs. mom, daughter wins because people on the set say say the mom is a tyranical stage parent who orders people around & berates them constantly. She also has previously lost a daughter to the exact same sort of abusive behavior her current daughter is accusing her of. And, she's acting like a child who's striking out at anyone who doesn't believe her; no parent, even one who's been wrongly accused, would mount such an obviously dishonest & abusive defense & heap it on their child. This woman is the bitch from hell, and needs not only to be barred from the set, but also lose any control (parental, financial, etc) she may have over her child.

ohboy

Seriously, this little girl needs to act like a little girl and lose the lipstick and tight leggings that accentuate her ass. Just another brat in the making.
I don't care how much of a bitch her mom is, I don't like this little tramp-to-be.

Sally

Mom is getting desparate - money is running out.

OCSurferGirl

Chrystal Workman is trying to throw anything and everything to the wall and sees what will stick. Deep down she knows she is going to lose custody and the restraining order will be made permanent on 11/20. Shanelle has been nothing but kind and gracious to everyone on the set of Modern Family when Ariel has been filming since this has happened. Over 15 people wrote affidavits to the courts supporting Ariel and letting them know of instances of verbal and emotional abuse that have occurred on the set. You can't lie your way out of this one Chrystal, we all saw you for what you are!

anonymous

this woman is disgusting. It seems to me if she's telling the truth, her daughters wouldn't be doing this. I feel the more her mom tries to defend herself, the worse she looks. She really needs to shut up and let her attorneys do their job. She is just digging that hole deeper and deeper with each stupid thing that comes out of her stupid mouth.

joblo

Not one comment about Ariel's father? Is Mom a widow? Divorced?

messygirl

Even if none of the accusations about the mother are true, the fact that she is bad-mouthing both kids and fighting with them in court shows what a ****ty mother she really is.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments