Voice of Elmo's

Email to Accuser

'I Keep Talking About Sex with You'

11/13/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo
Kevin Clash -- the man who voices Elmo -- had an email exchange with his accuser in 2010 in which he apologized for constantly talking about sex ... and promised to make all of his "dreams come true" ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... Clash was disciplined by Sesame for sending a personal email from his Sesame Street email account. The email was sent to a man who now claims he had a sexual relationship with Clash when he was 16 and Clash was 45.

In the email -- sent well after the accuser turned 18 -- Clash writes, "I'm sorry that I keep talking about sex with you, its driving me insane."

He adds, "I want you to know that I love you and I will never hurt you. I'm here to protect you and make sure your dreams come true."

Clash continued, "I'll have my assistant book a ticket for you to come to NY and we can talk about this in person."

As we previously reported, Clash has acknowledged having a sexual relationship with the accuser but insists it only took place AFTER the accuser was an adult.

Clash has since taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street and says he will focus on fighting the allegations.

1112_elmo_through_the_years_footer_v2

just because

even ryan satin is smarter than you

just because

oh wait does harvey think anything dies that fast naturally?

just because

that fish lasted like 2 months TOPS

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

An email sent to the adult accuser isn't proof that anything illegal ever happened, it doesn't even add anything to the story. Perhaps after he couldn't extort money from SS, the accuser figured out, TMZ, will pay him for his bull**** stories.

Doug

Mitt Romney was correct, stop funding the ***got and queer puppets

Dale

Pedophiles use their authority to gain the person's trust, this sicko is just another Sandusky. Sesame Street is trying to sweep it under the rug, they are the Catholic Church of children's shows.

latestdiets.net

where do you audition for the Elmo gig? maybe Lindsay Lohan could operate Elmo. she needs a gig.

Sam

So Sesame Street knew of this illegal affair and only "disciplined" him? Not called the police and had him arrested? This is going to be another Penn State. So, we spend $500,000,000 per year of taxpayer money on the sex offender registry. How come it doesn't work?

openmind

To me, this email (sent "well after the accuser turned 18") is pretty strong evidence that they didn't have sex 2 years before the email was sent. The way it's written sounds like someone at the beginning of a relationship, not 2 years into one. I'm absolutely against child molesters but false accusations by scorned lovers make the real victims of child molestation have less of a voice. If the allegations are found to be false, this "kid" should be prosecuted for ruining this man's life and wasting police time and money.

Dan Frederiksen

blurs the line between gay and pedo..

devilgirl

I am not sure why people think this is any different than Sandusky's accusers coming forward years later. I'm not saying this guy is guilty, but I am not convinced he is so innocent either. Something is amiss here. The truth will come out, it always does.

me

What the heck is wrong with this world?? I have two young kids and now I'm never gonna be able to look or listen to Emlo without thinking of this gross disturbing story.

2drk2fck

this is stupid NON NEWS. Go away little gay blackmailer! He should be charged with reporting a false crime and libel to this man.

Eric

Elmo no like man with hand in Elmo's backside.

HoHwPoV

I find his quote (which you know was well crafted) "I had a relationship with [the accuser]. It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not"

It appears very much a Bill Clinton "I did not have se xual relations with that woman" and his mind he was telling the truth because a B J was not s ex

So since Kevin's quote doesn't say it wasn't before he was 18 years old rather 2 consenting adults in his mind he is telling himself a 16 year old boy is a consenting adult so he isn't lying and didn't do anything wrong ...

It is horrible and all a play on words and I hope he doesn't get away with it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments