Jon Bon Jovi's Daughter

Arrested After

Suspected Heroin Overdose

11/14/2012 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Stephanie Rose Bongiovi
Jon Bon Jovi's 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Rose Bongiovi was arrested at her college in Upstate New York early this morning after allegedly overdosing on heroin ... TMZ has learned.

According to the Town of Kirkland Police Department, cops responded to a dorm room at Hamilton College after someone reported that Stephanie had allegedly overdosed on heroin and was unresponsive.

Along with police, emergency medical personnel also responded to the scene and found Stephanie alive.

Cops say a drug task force searched the scene and found a "small quantity" of heroin ... along with marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Stephanie was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia -- all misdemeanors.

Stephanie was eventually released from custody -- and ordered to appear in court at a later date.

Another student was also arrested -- a 21-year-old male -- who was also charged with drug possession.

Stephanie is Jon's only daughter -- and the oldest of his 4 children with wife Dorothea Hurley.

Pompano Ann

This is very disturbing, I wish them the best to recover! QUESTION.....when did smack make a come back? Why this drug?

Summerwind

ahh, well maybe if he worried about his kids instead of running around the country trying to get Obama elected and telling everyone else whats good for them this wouldn't have happened.

Beverly Williams

iI hope ya'll have not jumped the gun in reporting this story If it is true-my heart goes out to Jon and his family-he is a wonderful person and a great humanitarian!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Looks like the drug dealers trying to kill celebs and their kids with drugs. Will most likely succeed.

ndavlin

I know this must be killing Jon and Dorothea. Not aware of any previous problems with her while she was growing up. But since she's now at college, guess she got caught up with wrong people. Hope everything works out and she gets the help she needs.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Nice job arresting people when they call for help. I hope this girl gets the help and treatment she needs.

tony morrison

first overdose then arrested..i guess shes "wanted dead or alive"

Diane

I feel so bad . And for any parent with a kid with drug issues .

bstill

Depending on how long she's been using will determine her detox and her chances for a full recovery. I wish her and the fam. the best!

Bill03948

I'm seeing all these comment talking about fame and money...

Growing up I had a friend who had a bad sports injury in high school. No one knew but he became addicted to prescription pain killers. This led into Heroin addiction.
No one knew until one night we are all together and his heart exploded and he turned blue in front of us all at the age of 24.
We didn't know until at the hospital the doctors and police asked us how long he had a Heroin addiction. That is when everything came out.
He did survive only to have his heart fail one final time less than a year later.
We was NOT rich. He was NOT famous. He didn't know anyone famous. Money and fame have NOTHING to do with it. It's about addiction.
When one drug no longer satisfies your craving, you move up the chain. When you don't have access to one drug you experiment.

Tammy Thompson

I think its terribly sad that its being exploited, however I suppose it comes with being a public figure. Addiction is a painful, cunning disease that is fatally progressive. I will pray that Stephanie along with her family will get the help they need. It is a family dis-ease. with love and warmth
Tammy

sas

sometimes kids just f-up. Good parents,bad parents, kids do crazy things no matter. She can't be a dummy-Hamilton is a good school, but as a negative it is easier to be bad when you have access to lots of money and that school is filled with wealthy prep school kids. Hope she is ok, she's just a kid people. Be nice

Tiggy

Here's apart of your "entitlement nation" , entitled to spend daddy's money on drugs and do nothing with your life. I have absolutely NO pity for her or her left wing rich daddy...yeah I said. Hate me all you want...it will only make my point more valid....GO!!!

JerseyStrong

READ the article. She's not in the hospital...she was released. THANK GOD....possibly with the wrong crowd or just in the early stages. People jumping to conclusions. GOD BLESS her. With terrific parents like Jon and Dorothea I have faith for this young girl. Bless this family now...prayers for all.

James B

This is very, very sad. I hope that she's not a hardened user and can be steered away from heroin.
My first girlfriend OD'd at 18. She'd been a regular heroin injector for a year by that point (unbeknown to me). I've always felt guilty that I might have been able to help her but I think, with hindsight - and having met other people addicted to drugs in my life - that she was too far gone for anyone to help. She was already stealing from her family by that stage. She stole a large sum of money from my workplace, which I was blamed for, which is what finished us. 8 weeks later I went to her funeral.
........

When someone so young comes so close to death because of drugs one can only hope that they get the wake up call they need.
Addiction is not something I'd wish on anyone. Once you're in its grip, it's the fight of your life to get away from it.
Good luck Stephanie! I hope you ask for help.