Jon Bon Jovi's Daughter

Arrested After

Suspected Heroin Overdose

11/14/2012 8:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Stephanie Rose Bongiovi
Jon Bon Jovi's 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Rose Bongiovi was arrested at her college in Upstate New York early this morning after allegedly overdosing on heroin ... TMZ has learned.

According to the Town of Kirkland Police Department, cops responded to a dorm room at Hamilton College after someone reported that Stephanie had allegedly overdosed on heroin and was unresponsive.

Along with police, emergency medical personnel also responded to the scene and found Stephanie alive.

Cops say a drug task force searched the scene and found a "small quantity" of heroin ... along with marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Stephanie was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia -- all misdemeanors.

Stephanie was eventually released from custody -- and ordered to appear in court at a later date.

Another student was also arrested -- a 21-year-old male -- who was also charged with drug possession.

Stephanie is Jon's only daughter -- and the oldest of his 4 children with wife Dorothea Hurley.

DanielsMom

As a mother of a heroin addict I can feel his pain. This drug is ruining our children and our communities are turning a blind eye.

annie2802

To all of you hate filled people, I am sure all of you have skeletons in your closet. I hope she does well.

I Was About To Say

Dang, he isn't aging well at all. And, this photo of him makes him look like he is wasted. Must run in the family.

Rhonda

TMZ, and all the tabloid sites should be ashamed of themselves! Don't you think something like this is hard enough on this family, without you exploiting it?

KJ

Yea, she overdoses and obviously has a problem... So what happens to her, she gets arrested.. When are we gonna stop arresting people on possession of drugs that have addictions.... Hopefully legalizing MJ in CO and WA will start the baby steps to change..

Sandman

Wow, that's a young age for any drug addiction, I hope she gets the love and support she needs!

DanielsMom

As the mother of a heroin addict, this is an epidemic that needs to be crushed. I am tired of our communities turning a blind eye to it. Maybe Bon Jovi can put a face to it and help us out.

Elizabeth

Sounds like Stephanie was trying to live the rock and roll drug overdose lifestyle.. She is not a musician- but want's the lifestyle.. I don't feel sorry for me.. Nobody forced her to use drugs!

Dee

so sad. i'm sure he will make sure she gets the help she needs......

Debbie

She is lucky a call was even made for help.

Babyboomer

With him being on the road so much,she a "privileged" child...I'm not surprised. Hope this is a wake up call for him.His next call will be from the morgue.

Mchelle

Some comments on here are suggesting that Jon & Dorothea are unconcerned or somehow did not pay enough attention to their only daughter.

How about, this is Stephanie's first time away from home, away at college. There was mention of a 21 year old male being arrested as well. It could "NEVER" be that Stephanie was influenced by this perhaps boyfriend? I have a problem with people saying horrible things about the parents when it seems to me that Jon Bon Jovi and his wife always kept their children out of the spotlight and determined to give them a normal upbringing.

And for the life of me I CANNOT recall a single arrest or drug accusation headline that Jon and Dorothea were a party to. Do you know of any?

I wish them the best as I'm sure this is very troubling to them and they'll do what's needed to secure the recovery of Stephanie.

debra

Very sad, especially because they are good parents.

Fibb

I met john once on a movie set, & in real life he was the biggest stuck up A hole celeb I ever met. Karma John.....

MrHarrybawls2010

Speaking of drugs, I am down to 4 packs of cigarettes a day (and doing a couple of chin- ups as well when time allows.) Yea, thanks everyone.... Pretty damn proud of myself. Keep those cards and letters coming....I read every one.