O.C. 'Housewife'

$500,000 Winner in

Bitter Ex-BF Lawsuit

11/15/2012 3:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1115_gretchen_rossi_getty
"Real Housewives of Orange County" star Gretchen Rossi has scored a massive payday in her endless lawsuit against a man who claimed to be her ex BF -- who she sued for defamation -- because a jury just awarded her $500,000 ... at least.

As we reported, Rossi sued Jay Photoglou for defamation and other things back in 2010 -- claiming he trashed her in the media.

It went back-and-forth forever, but today, a jury decided in Rossi's favor -- awarding her half a mil in damages. Jay got squat.

Gretchen may still get more money too if the jury decides to award her punitive damages as well.

update_bar
 3:58 PM PT -- The jury just awarded Gretchen an additional $23,250 in punitive damages.

jennifertownsend

Donna explained I am alarmed that a mother able to earn $7762 in four weeks on the internet. did you read this web link..http://twi.im/aKI

Sunfleurgirl

No... She is a great friend and saw her suffer through this

World Record

that should keep Slade around for a few more years, sugar mama about to get paid

Pam

Now she can help Slade pay his child support.

LISA

I'm happy for her it's over. I doubt she will see anywhere near that amount, though. I doubt she will bail Slade out of his child support situation, though. She pretty much told him to get a real job and fix it himself. I know people are going to hate on her because of the self promotion, but nearly all reality stars do this, and I don't blame them.

amazinglybored

All of it will be spent on plastic surgery, alcohol and some 'business' venture!

RDSUX

RDSUX!!!!

Really

Another NO BODY that TMZ is reporting on! Must be a slow Lindsay day!

RealityBites

It's not about the money, it's about the principle of it...geez!

amys

They need a reality check. They are not real housewives. Spoiled bitches looking for drama in the limelight. booo

Ro

Well its a good thing because I dont know how much longer she will be able to support herself and her dead beat current BF on her acting/dancing/modeling career....honestly after watching her on the OC show she should throw some of that cash towards so very needed therapy....sorry Gretch but you gotta alot of messed up issues...good luck

VICKI

I'M SO HAPPY FOR HER, HE WAS JUST A JERK, EVEN WHEN SHE WAS NURSING HER FRIEND WHO DIED OF CANCER, HE WAS ALWAYS HARRASING HER. HE WAS DEFINITELY THINKING HE COULD GET A HUGE CHUNK OF MONEY FROM HER. KARMAS A BITCH, EX BF

LISA

I admit I really like this girl. I'm actually surprised by the negative comments. If she was with a millionaire, she would be critized her for that, too.

Gretchen has been quite vocal about not moving forward with Slade (marriage, kids) until he clears up the child support issue and has a decent, regular income (besides the show, because that won't last forever). I give her props for NOT supporting his ass ... not sure why so many assume she is?

Her biggest hater (Tamra) is now her best friend. That says a lot.

Emily

Fixing problems on public is not an easy thing because it seems that everybody knows everything about you. These endless lawsuits... people are sharing money and can not wait to get to know who will win. I am not sure that 500k is okay for Gretchen Rossi, but the sum is more than attractive. Some Americans use payday advances to stay afloat and cover the basic living expenses, while others can get some money suing. It seems that in Hollywood everything is possible and some people can make money from the air.

Mesadabree

She is a smart woman, **** she won't marry Slade until he gets his financials in order. She isn't going to wait around forever

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2