Def Leppard Guitarist

Love Bites ...

Files For Divorce

11/18/2012 2:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1116_vivian_campbell_wifeBringin' On the Heartbreak ... Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell has filed for divorce from his wife Julie Campbell ... after 25 YEARS of marriage, TMZ has learned.

Campbell -- who joined Leppard in 1992 -- filed docs in Los Angeles County Superior Court  ... citing irreconcilable differences.

According to docs ... the rock-star couple tied the knot waaaaay back in Feb. 1987. They have two young daughters together, ages 13 and 11.

Campbell is asking for joint legal and physical custody of the girls ... he's asking the judge to deny spousal support to Julie.

We reached out to Vivian for comment ... so far no word back.

Mystery Guest

The real question here is... why would you name your son Vivian?

eli

why is this news? an whats it got to do with def leppard? he's not even a real band member,he sukz cpmpared 2 steamin steve clark!

ToniS

Yeah....my former husband didn't think he'd have to pay spousal support after 25 years, either. I raised the kids, and worked, but always made far less than he did or ever could hope to make.; I got a really good settlement. Hope she does, too.
And if they're in a community property state, he has no choice but to split everything 50/50. AND, I will bet he is asking for joint custody because if he gets it, he doesn't have to pay child support. What a prince....

Bunrithy Ou

I don't know what to say in this day life go on sorry nobody perfect it sadd love it well happen of life I hate to see this story bye don't cry keep it up 2013...

Rob B.

Whoa, two references to Def Leppard songs in the story, which actually would be clever except for the fact that when these songs came out, Vivian was not with the band.

THIN LIZZY

Dude, you were married for 25 years, two minor kids and live in CA, Oh you're gonna pay, better settle before the judge gives her half. This ain't Ireland sweetpea.

Richard

Vivian is an excellet guitar player. His work was best with DIO.

D

WOW! TMZ ran this story with false details and everybody ran with it. Vivian Campbell is absolutely not denying spousal support. Got it from his own lips…er…twitter. LOL Not the type of guy to lie, especially when it will be public record soon enough. She was also touring with bands in Europe (ie. Steel Panther) how do we know SHE wasn’t the one screwing around. Just my two cents. They filed for divorce and are seeking joint custody. The End.

MadMooby

They have been separated for yeeears already! And he's NOT a "great guy", he feckin' sleeps with everything with a pulse. And she's insane and pretty psycho, so yeah, two people never deserved each other as much as these two. I just feel bad for Oonagh and Lily.

Timber

Vivian Campbell wrote
"It amazes me what people take for truth. If something is in print, does that automatically make it true? It's been reported that I'm filing for divorce and seeking joint child custody. That much is true. However, it was also erroneously reported that I'm seeking to deny spousal support when in fact, that couldn't be further from the truth. Those who know me will attest that I'm going out of my way to be as generous and accommodating as possible to my ex. However, the damage is done; my character and name are sullied because TMZ chose to publish without checking the facts. Since then that 'truth' has been picked up and carried by various news sites around the world and further purported as fact.

Personally, I wouldn't drink water from the gutter. Nor would I get my 'news' from the gutter press."

Liz

He is NOT denying spousal support!!! More false reporting/information from TMZ...

Patti

Vivian Campbell released a statement stating that the denial of spousal support is NOT true and frankly I believe him! He had some not so nice things to say about TMZ too LOL

Blonde Ambition

Vivian is supposedly one of the most arrogant rockers alive. He's admitted that Def Leppard isn't enough for his standards. Not surprising to read his diva fit about the "gutter press", when most of the media could care less about him.

Blonde Ambition

He's one of the rudest, most arrogant rockers out there. Supposedly, he never really liked being in Def Leppard, either.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2