Voice of Elmo Accuser

I Didn't Lie

I Want to Undo Settlement

11/19/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1118-Sheldon-Stephens-kevin-clash-gettyThe man who accused Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, of having sex with him while he was underage stands by his story, claims he was pressured into recanting it, and is now interviewing lawyers to help him undo his settlement.

TMZ broke the story ... Clash and Sheldon Stephens entered into a settlement in which Clash agreed to pay Stephens $125,000, but in return the agreement provides the following:

"Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement, his counsel, Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., shall release the [following] statement ... 'He [Stephens] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.'"

We've learned Stephens has met with lawyers in Los Angeles and told them he was pressured into recanting his allegation and insists he's telling the truth when he says he had sex with Clash when he was 16.

Stephens -- who is now 23 -- is telling lawyers he will gladly forfeit the $125,000  to restore his name.  Stephens is saying he was literally crying during the final negotiations and repeatedly said he didn't want to sign.

Clash's lawyer told us Friday he would have no comment on the settlement story.

1113_kevin_clash_footer

JB in Silverlake

This kid is a high-end hustler and this is just him working his game. It's not the first time he's tried to get over on man with money. He's a skeeze and you guys are a little sick for continuing to act like he's got an ounce of credibility.

Ruckuz213

Sick individual tickling his elmo at a young age

Daphne Picklecock

this guy seems a aneaky creep. You dont accept money to keep your mouth shut and then go running your mouth about it. Thats just immorl and unethical behaviour. No doubt he's either seeking fame or after more money...probably both. Either way you seem manipulative and we all know that 16 yr olds know what theyre doing so you deserve no sympathy. That said, the Elmo guy is a sad mess and an idiot for sniffing around twinks.

Kelly

I predicted this here in TMZ comments and of course got "hate" checks. If the agreement was signed under duress, there is no agreement. ALL of the attorneys involved know this.

MyTmar

Oh he was crying....this from the same man who alledgedly robbed a jewelry store @ knifepoint....Mr. Clash's camp dangled a carrot in front of him & like Bugs Bunny, he took the bait--his lawyer wanted a quick pay day as well so instead of advising him not to sign the paper, he told him to do so most lokely under duress !!! Mr. Clash seems like a nice guy, but the fact that he settled monetarily leaves doubt on his part !!!

makaila18

Whatever dude.

SammyG

Leave Elmo alone! That boy doesn't look too innocent to me - he looks like a HE-DEVIL!

FALBAQ

I wish you civilians stop calling this grown ass man a child. It makes me sick to my stomach. This guy obviously is lying and wants money. Gay guys who are money hungry will do anything for a check. What happened was his ass probably got dump and now he wants to get revenge by lying to get some money. People are so quick to judge if everyone mind there ****ing buisness and leave Kevin alone this Guy did nothing wrong but be himself and what happened this ***got is trying to ruin him. So sad!

Areader

What Sheldon Stephens is really saying is.....I want more money, a lot more!

Star Whacker

Check it out!!! In the top photo, it looks like Clash is flipping Stephens the bird. I guess that tell us how he really feels!!!!

Bagheera

Yeah, Statute of Limitation has run out on the rape. New York looks to have the largest amount of time, being 5 years (10 if there is DNA evidence). Somehow, I doubt there is DNA evidence of a sexual act that occurred 6 to 7 years ago. If there is, why the hell would you save that? That doesn't look good for any involved party. Even if it proves something happened no one would have good reasons to save that.

lukebandit

I remember years ago, my ex husband now wanted me to sign with him so he could get HIS 401K out. We had been married 19 years. This was a couple of weeks before he told me he was leaving. I called the guy at the bank in charge of the 401K's and told him that i did not want to sign and he was forcing me go with him to the bank forcing me sign. If i would of told my ex that i was not going to sign, he would of beat me to an inch of my life. When we got there, I kept looking hard at the bank guy and BY LAW THEY have to ask you if you are in duress. But he didn't because my ex was intimidating enough. After my ex moved out of state, I should of sued the bank. my ex left me with nothing. half of the money was mine by law. left me with 3 teenage boys over 11 years ago all when I had a massive stroke and was in a coma for 3 days. Paid 4 months of CS and that was it. Lost my home, my car, it died. he owed 4 years of CS until the youngest one turned 19. He took out a lot of money and it was not worth standing up to him about it. The beating I would of recieved would not of been worth all the pain for the money. Jesus has provided me with everything I need. All of my boys turned out fantastic, with Jesus's help. Couldn't of made it without HIM! Back to the story: You should not of signed it. You were clearly being railroaded, bullied and harrassed to sign it. When you go to court to get out of it, the signing will come back to haunt you.

Tonia

This is crap! Now leave Kevin Clash alone! I am tired of this! Give him peace so he continue his job with Elmo! What an idiot this kid is!

LGB

The fact that the settlement was only 125000 is kind of worrying since that implies that there's no proof and that money was basically 'look if you stop talking, you get money" and honestly I have so many doubt about this guy. Plus a 23 year old being pressured into signing something that means he has to say he wasn't raped, and now he's so hurt he want's to take it back? Something tells me he just want's more money.

Verna

To me a settlement dirties both parties. Why would you settle if you are telling the truth? That is especially what I want to ask Kevin, because I believed him when he said the accuation was untrue. Then I hear he settled. Now what am I to think? Plus why would the young man recant and settle if he was telling the truth? This whole thing sounds like a big mess. It has the possibility of destroying two peoples lives and we may never know who is telling the truth. But my big question is what happened recently that caused this to come out now? That is something else I want to know.