« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Macho' Camacho

Boxing Legend

SHOT in Puerto Rico

11/20/2012 5:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1120_Hector-Macho-Camacho_stretcher
Hector "Macho" Camacho is in critical condition after being SHOT multiple times in Puerto Rico tonight ... this according to multiple reports.

The former boxing champ was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car around 7 PM local time ... when another vehicle rolled up and someone opened fire ... striking Camacho several times in the neck and face.

The driver of Camacho's car was reportedly killed in the attack.

1121_hector_camacho_Splash
According to reports, Camacho was taken to a hospital and is currently listed in critical condition.

Cops are investigating -- so far, it's unclear if police have identified any suspects.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Soamazing

Bayamon, which is closest to San Juan

<3Lo<3

First he is not dead hes not doing well but its not dead! Second people dont get killed in the US? Puerto Rico its not a guetto its actually a beautifull island !!!!

Bigchipski

There are two ways to look at this. One is that we lost a boxing legend. But I know the reason he was shot and if you knew, then your actually agree with David on this thread.

Cdawg13

he's dead..

Your Vecino

Damn... a LOT of boxers live crazy lives and some die even crazier - Arturo Gatti, Alexis Arguello, Edwin Valero, Diego Corrales, Johnny Tapia, Corrie Sanders.....

casanova_pr_34

I know him very well and he got shot for a reson , this guy was so ****y and he tough he could take anyone or anything....not saying he deservs it , but I am sure drugs lay part of this. I am boricua and i know how he was several yrs ago I saw him before a fight and all he was doing was drinking , partying it up and of course coke like crazy and not diet coke... hope he survive but the best thing if he does get out of town...

Alize

people need to stop talkin **** how puertorico ghetto how why make it a state. everywhere u go its an issue if ur rich poor same crap. unfortunately he was cought in a bad situation. no where in this world ur safe no matter what country or state u still get breaking ship killed etc. sum of u need to grow up and stop with the racial comments...

wingedmonkey

hope he fully recovers but the guy just never grew up!!

Bigchipski

He's dead. No recovery. Lets remember him in our own way. The good. The bad. Whatever works.

Trecee

I hope they find those responsible. What did he do that warranted being shot up in return?

marisol

My prayers are with his family. No matter what, he's still someone's son and a father. Have some dignity

hmel

Espero no te pase nada peor DIOS te quiede Mi camacho

JANDEAN61

rip you little portorican

Bob

Wow, hope he will be ok.

Elizabeth Kennedy

I am from Boston Mass of Irish heritage and I know alot of Puerto Rican people and they are the hispanics of this country . My dad was a boxing trainer in a gym in south Boston and he loved Hector Camacho. My heart and prayers go to him and his family . Long live The Puerto Rican Heritage.