Voice of Elmo Kevin Clash

Resigns

from Sesame Street

11/20/2012 10:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1120-elmo-kevin-clash-gettyKevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, has resigned from Sesame Street ... in the immediate wake of a new lawsuit accusing him of having sex with an underage boy -- the second such allegation in 2 weeks.

TMZ broke the story ... Clash is being sued by Cecil Singleton, who claims he met Kevin in a gay phone chat back in '93 ... when he was 15 and Clash was 32.

Sesame Workshop says, "Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street."

Sesame Workshop had previously told TMZ, "Elmo is bigger than any one person." That was in response to the initial underage sex accusation from Sheldon Stephens.

As TMZ previously reported ... Stephens signed a $125,000 settlement with Clash, but has since expressed regret over signing the deal which required him to recant his claim.

1112_elmo_through_the_years_footer

Bloomcounty.USA

That sucks ... if it's true, wondering if he used that stupid voice to seduce these under aged guys, and if so what's that say about their own sexual habits. I don't know about you, but having Elmo in bed with me isn't exactly a fantasy that I'd want to have. Ya know, it'd totally ruin the "sweet nothings" whispered in the ear and all that. Sorry, I know it's a serious subject, but that's what came to mind. : /

MADE MAN

I think Romney is behind this scandal lol

Majestik

Someone should explain to these two accusers that if you were the VICTIM in a case you don't change your story. Of all of Sandusky's victims NOT ONE of them change their story, there is a reason why. Sandusky's victims were 10 year old boys and had their stories straight because they were true. Clash's accusers are now backtracking, how's that work? This is starting to sound like Travolta's accusers. Here's the story, no wait, here's the story, oh I forgot, this is the REAL story.

lovelyadira

i will neer be able to enjoy elmo again. Thanx pedophile.

high

Romney was right!

Boogie Onerism

Let the witch hunts begin

charlei harper

in the immortal words of TV's beloved Gomer Pyle, USMC...SURPRISE< SURPRISE

Luz

I think it's a pity they have to insert the image of Elmo everytime they talk about Clash's personal life. If Clash had in mind the well being of Elmo and PBS, he would not allow that, now, THAT would be class!

chuck

Puts a whole new spin on "Tickle me Elmo"

chuck

Tickle me Homo

Boogie Onerism

First CIA, next PBS, who is the next alphabet organization to go down? ™ z, ABC, GTL, let the mind games of the media begin.

Bridget

You know what is bugging me? If Clash isn't guilty then these accusers are such low lives that they will probibly never have any remorse for trashing a mans life for money. It almost makes a person hope he is guilty so what's happening would be just.

I personally think this is a money grab, especially with the second accuser. It would be a dream come true if Mr. Clash had proof of their ages when he was in a relationship with them and faught this so his amazing career doesn't end on this note. Ugh, this whole thing is fricken depressing.

Liss

Well. I hope the fame whoring, money grabbing little twinks are happy ! Asshats

allen

good! i want my old sesame street back. you know...when it was good. 70's/80's.

aldo

What sick degenrate bastard!