Chevy Chase

I'm Leaving 'Community'

... But I Wasn't Fired!

11/21/2012 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1121_chevy_chase_community_article_getty
Chevy Chase's "Community" college days are OVER ... the actor has struck a deal to leave the NBC sitcom ... effective immediately.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Chase didn't quit ... nor was he fired ... but it was a "mutual decision" between the actor and producers.

FYI -- producers have already shot the majority of the upcoming season ... and Chase will remain in those episodes. It's unclear if Chase's exit will be explained on the show ... or if it will simply go on as if Pierce Hawthorne never existed.

The move comes as no surprise -- Chase has been very critical of the show ... and famously left a nasty voicemail for creator Dan Harmon ... basically telling him that he sucks.

rsmik

they still have that other old guy

moxie

I found an amusing article about his majesty chevy chase,

This guy's a real A Hole.

PitBullLover

CC stopped being funny about 30 years ago anyway.....

jenny ruby

cry me a river
fakeass criminal community of mj rip offs and never will be's

**** off

ts

Chevy is a major league a-hole. Glad he's gone. Maybe I will start watching Community now.

tehheh

Buh-bye!

Truth

What a shock that Chevy Chase leaves yet another set being hated.

LizzieBlueEyes

Everyone knows Chevy is a pain, but I've actually also heard Dan Harmon is a pretty self important tool. Regardless of who is to blame, this show went from fair to stupid in about 1 and a half seasons.

H.T

Chevy was a jerk when he was on SNL back in the day...and is a bigger idiot now! Didn't like him then and cant stand him now,I do not find him even remotely funny, good ridence TV is better off with out you!!!

Rich

Well Chevy is a man of his commitments. I personally will miss him. He was great on the show!!!

Los Pepes

Look up the word "douchebag" and youll see a picture of this a-hole

Santasunsetwoodica

Gotta see clark w again. Do another vacation!

Troi

I have tried, tried, tried, to enjoy this series,....but not having it anymore,....the end was the paint ball incident,....oh my gawd ! Are you that f**king desperate? To have soooo many brilliant performers,...what the hell do you expect them to worth with? Being at college, a community college at that, has sooo many possibilities,......Chevy,....this IS NOT 'Family Vacations' or anything like that,.....your writers DO NOT and ARE NOT of that caliber,....so brother Chevy PLEASE stop whining and cryin' like a girl,....man up, walk off,....the other actors will have more camera time,.... I know a LOT of actors would give up everything to even attempt a chance at a comedy series,.......please, please, please,....stop cryin'......

Kesha

Hoe did he get hired in the first place? He's an old, fat, has been that hasn't been fumy in over 25 years.

Whatintheworld!?

GOOD RIDDANCE! The empty chair Clint Eastwood berated on the GOP stage had much more personality than Chevy Chase EVER had. And the chair was much better looking too!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments