Chevy Chase

I'm Leaving 'Community'

... But I Wasn't Fired!

11/21/2012 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1121_chevy_chase_community_article_getty
Chevy Chase's "Community" college days are OVER ... the actor has struck a deal to leave the NBC sitcom ... effective immediately.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Chase didn't quit ... nor was he fired ... but it was a "mutual decision" between the actor and producers.

FYI -- producers have already shot the majority of the upcoming season ... and Chase will remain in those episodes. It's unclear if Chase's exit will be explained on the show ... or if it will simply go on as if Pierce Hawthorne never existed.

The move comes as no surprise -- Chase has been very critical of the show ... and famously left a nasty voicemail for creator Dan Harmon ... basically telling him that he sucks.

jmayer768

He's still going to appear in the next season, which will probably be the last anyways.

hme82

I really think at this point he's lucky to get work after all these years, and failed tries. While I get him not wanting his character to become worse, he really can't afford to be that picky. Maybe he should have tried harder to find a happy medium. But who was tape recording all those calls from him and releasing them to the media? If it was the show then that's wrong, and then I could see why there would be a strained relationship.

3Storms

NBC just imploded the whole damn show by tampering with its airing. It just doesn't stand a chance ot survive with NBC jacking it around like this. It's a shame too because it really was my favorite show
And sadly the rest of the case will be also unemployed once they're done with this season because no show can survive when a network screws with its air dates and constantly pisses off fans. Just ask Arrested Development.

Chuck

Great...now I can watch the show.I've been curious, but cannot stomach Chase.

Bob

Good ridance to that monumental, self-important & over-blown *******.

Truth

MEHHH THIS DUDE IS A DOUCHE BAG. PUSH COMES TO SHOVE THEN GTFO... WHO THE HELL WANTS A WHINER AT WORK B*TCHING EVERYDAY. YALL KNOW BEHIND THE SCENES THE PRODUCERS GAVE THIS OLD F*CK THE ULTIMATUM. TAKE IT OR F*CK OFF... BASICALLY. #TRUTH!!

Cali's mom

Kick rocks Chevy kick rocks

Brad

This no talent has-been is lucky he got a job, any job. Moron. I hope he saved his money!

Bill

BFD... Washed up non funny arrogant irrelevant OLD A hole..... Good Riddance... Govt Motors Irevvy

Bill

He was fired.

Troi

Okay,.....enjoyed his movies,.....with Goldie Hawn, Beverly DeAngelo,.....and the such. He never did anything that was Oscar worthy, but who cares,....his films were fun. This is a new era, and acting jobs are few and far between, 'good' acting gigs, even rarer than than. I have always been baffled that this series has all kinds of possibilities, with talented actors,......BUT the writing is r-e-a-l-l-y ba,...how Community stays on the air, I'll never understand,.....but Chevy,...honey,....YOU don't make the show,....this is an ensemble piece, without a doubt. You little yourself by this constant cryin',.....AND, it certainly alerts Directors and Producers, to what a joy you are, to work with. Be a man, stop whimpering like a little girl,....

Dennis Johnson

Thank GOD!I mean he SUCKED!

Davis

Chevy was a washed up has been over 20 years ago. Hopefully this is the last the world will have to see of him. Don't go away mad Chevy. Just go away. Davis

HillbillyHell

Chevy was funny on SNL.....but that was, like, 35 yrs ago. Since then, not so much.

JeremyK71618

It's about time Chevy Chase left Community. My only concern is that it might be too late for the show. My coworker at DISH and I think he has done so much damage to the show through his comments and behavior, it might be too late. I'm excited for the new season which I'll be catching on my DISH Hopper. With PrimeTime Anytime, Community will be recorded automatically so I don't have to remember to set a timer for it. All the shows in prime time from the four major networks are recorded automatically. I wonder if Dan Harmon will return since Chevy is gone. Either way, I think the damage has been done and it could be too late for Community.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments