Elmo Accuser #2

'I'm Happy'

Kevin Clash Resigned

11/21/2012 2:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

112112_cecil_singleton_640

The man who claims Elmo voice actor Kevin Clash sexually abused him as a 15-year-old says he's "happy" and "relieved" Clash called it quits on "Sesame Street" -- because the scandal could have wreaked even more havoc on the kids' TV show.

The accuser Cecil Singleton -- who's now 24 -- was out in NYC with his lawyer today when he reacted to the news ... that Clash resigned in the immediate wake of Singleton's lawsuit.

Singleton is suing Clash for more than $5 million, claiming Clash preyed on him as a child "to satisfy his depraved sexual interests."

Singleton also says Clash desperately tried to conceal his connection to "Sesame Street" during their courtship in 2003 -- claiming, "It was essential to him that I not find out who he actually was."

Singleton says he was motivated to file his lawsuit by Clash's first accuser Sheldon Stephens.

And there's this -- Singleton's lawyer says he won't be surprised if more men come forward, claiming he's already spoken to men with similar stories as Cecil and Sheldon.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Canada

now I have someone I want to punch in the face more than Kim kardashian

Gabe

Is that a member of the Kardashian clan?

CdnBiker

I don't buy this guy (and I use that term extremely loosely) story whatsoever! I don't condone sex with minors in any way shape or form for obvious reasons, but this just smells oh so fishy and suspect! What Clash "allegedly" did is wrong, but this second accuser just doesn't have any credibility from the looks and sound of it.

konphidential

I hate homosexuals, especially the ones that look like women and the men that sleep with them!?!! These people are so mentally confused and the stinking lot of them are coming out in full force. Even to the extent of getting atheist and folks with out proper morals to fight for their sick cause. Dont believe me? Watch the like or hate section. Good night. I'm going to chic-fil-la

Ceeloc

Shut up..you clown!!

scandal@ungibungi.com

Freak show!

baybek8s

Courtship after being or during the sexual abuse? Oh really now.

c

Of course there will be more lawsuits...once the first money-grubbing piece of trash filed his and got some money came this piece of **** so of course more will follow. And he needs to stop talking like he gives a crap about anything besides his payday. It’s all about the money.

Mel_Holden

Anybody who's job is somehow related to children - if they're attracted to people younger than 18, that sounds sickening. I think Clash was around 45 when he 'dated' some kid who maybe was around 18 yrs of age.
Imagine some high school teacher dating somebody who'd just turned 18. Even if it wasn't one of the teacher's students - don't you think that's creepy?

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10