Elmo Accuser #2

'I'm Happy'

Kevin Clash Resigned

11/21/2012 2:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

112112_cecil_singleton_640

The man who claims Elmo voice actor Kevin Clash sexually abused him as a 15-year-old says he's "happy" and "relieved" Clash called it quits on "Sesame Street" -- because the scandal could have wreaked even more havoc on the kids' TV show.

The accuser Cecil Singleton -- who's now 24 -- was out in NYC with his lawyer today when he reacted to the news ... that Clash resigned in the immediate wake of Singleton's lawsuit.

Singleton is suing Clash for more than $5 million, claiming Clash preyed on him as a child "to satisfy his depraved sexual interests."

Singleton also says Clash desperately tried to conceal his connection to "Sesame Street" during their courtship in 2003 -- claiming, "It was essential to him that I not find out who he actually was."

Singleton says he was motivated to file his lawsuit by Clash's first accuser Sheldon Stephens.

And there's this -- Singleton's lawyer says he won't be surprised if more men come forward, claiming he's already spoken to men with similar stories as Cecil and Sheldon.

psoc

you totally distoryed the dreams of every child I hope your proud of youself . i hope they throw your case out and make an example of you

fargone

more smoke and bigger fires to put out.

2drk2fck

I hope these losers rot in hell. I mean if he isnt conflicted I dont know what "IT" IS. So he wasnt looking for a hook up either????

konphidential

I hate homosexuals, especially the ones that look like women and the men that sleep with them!?!! These people are so mentally confused and the stinking lot of them are coming out in full force. Even to the extent of getting atheist and folks with out proper morals to fight for their sick cause. Dont believe me? Watch the like or hate section. Good night. I'm going to chic-fil-la

konphidential

LESS THAN A MINUTE AGO

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/21/kevin-clash-elmo-cecil-singleton-lawsuit-child-abuse/#ixzz2CuEgEDjK

konphidential

Bagheera

Clash did prey on young adults. That is certain. However, do not act like Singleton wasn't asking to be used and abused by Clash. Lest we forget that Singleton and Clash met in a gay sex phone chat, where you must be at least 18 year of age to be in (21 in some states). But Singleton says he was 15 and in that chat. In other words, he lied about his age. Either lying about his age now and he is much older than he now claims, or lying about his age then.

Lola

Gays are truly insane. They just try to bring each other down, revenge. PBS is probably a hotbed of activity like this.

WTF

The gay culture is GROSS and devious

Bagheera

Difference between Sandusky's victims can Clash's "victims"? Sandusky's victims filed police reports and Sandusky was charged. Clash's "victims" seem to have missed that part.

lisam

OMG he seen that the other whore got 125.000 by blackmail .... so now he wants to jump on the Money train too...sicking just sicking

Wishbone

So tired of people not wanting to work for a living and looking for any excuse to sue someone for money. This trick knew what he was doing..trolling gay sites, then claiming he's traumatized. Give me a break. Get a phucking job like the rest of us.

amv8098

I just wanna know why he waited this long and is suing and not filling criminal charges. To me its sounds like he saw one man get money and he wanted the same and more. But Kevin is innocent until proven guilty.. Oh and all these comments about gays makes me sick. Being gay is not the point. If this did happen , its about being sick either straight or gay.

nature30

damn if this is 2012 i dont wanna see 2013

Kali

Does it seem to anyone else like Kevin Clash is on here making weird posts?
It doesn't matter the lifestyle or sexual orientation of a CHILD when they are being molested by an ADULT.
Whoa typing while annoyed is not a good thing.
Kevin is going to be quite famous in lockup.