Elmo

SINGS at Thanksgiving Parade

'Nothing's Gonna Bring Us Down'

11/22/2012 7:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elmo
is alive and well on Thanksgiving -- singing his heart out during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade today in NYC ... and the song may or may not be a musical response to the child abuse scandal.

Elmo -- along with the rest of the "Sesame Street" cast -- sang "What I Am," a song with lyrics that take on new meaning in the wake of the scandal involving Kevin Clash, Elmo's former voice actor who's been accused of sexually abusing 2 underage boys.

Among the lyrics -- "I'm gonna keep my head up high / keep on reaching high / Never gonna quit / Just keep getting stronger."

And if that weren't appropriate enough, Elmo chimes in with his solo -- "Nothing's gonna bring us down."

Check out the clip.

Stiletto

I feel bad for Elmo...should be with family on Thanksgiving, and here is...not only working...but with a strange mans hand up his a&&!

mostly anonymous

This is an insult...injuring abused children further. No longer will Sesame Street be welcome in my house. Who knew Sesame Street wouldn't be killed by Romney but would die from cancer? Kevin Clash and all pedos are cancer.

static

Disgraceful.

Nikki

It's sad that Kevin's perversion has cast a dark cloud over a show and characters that we all grew up with.

Spicy mag

Elmo should be killed off on the show. Maybe Oscar pits a hit out on him, and Bert shanks Elmo while Gordon isn't looking.

OhWell

Did He Sing
Michael Jackson
Songs?

She's baaaack

Clash can go pound salt for all I care. Elmo belongs to children. Children love him and have no idea that his voice was if not a pedophile had seriously bad taste in men. LEAVE ELMO ALONNNNNNNNE!!!

Mshell

This is all bullsh**! I doubt Clash did anything inappropriate to those guys. Quit crying about the children, why were these "kids" even surfing gay hook up sites that are made for adults? Long live Elmo!!!

Ronb331

Why are people getting so ****ty about him I'm not saying he didn't do this but these are allegations not facts. Kevin is an easy target for black mailers. But until them LONG LIVE ELMO!!!!

me

The music was pre-recorded as is all of the Macy's parade shows. you people are morons.

dapedo

I wonder did he bring elmo with him when he had sex with boys mabey elmo also did a little rubby rub

Jah36

This is what happens when queers are allowed near children. Homosexuality is NOT natural people!

Max

TMZ - you guys are idiots. Elmo is a character. Elmo is not accused of anything. The puppeteer is the puppeteer and what he did he did. I wish you would stop putting this thing on a PUPPET. LEAVE ELMO ALONE!!!

Paul Miller

They take on new meaning only by the perverts at TMZ

alan

and then Elmo gives it to big bird in the butt

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments