« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Sam Elliott

I'm HONORED Aaron Rodgers Loves My 'Stache

11/22/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

112212_sam_elliott_launch
Sam Elliott
couldn't believe it -- that Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers called his iconic moustache the GREATEST OF ALL TIME ... because there's one other actor who gives Sam's whiskers a run for their money.

Sam was out in Malibu yesterday when we told him the story -- that Aaron Rodgers put Sam Elliott's facial fuzz at the top of his list for all-time greatest 'staches ... during an interview with Jim Rome.

Sam was dumbfounded, telling TMZ, "NO WAY! You're bullsh*tting me."

As for who Sam thinks might also be a contender in Hollywood's best moustache contest -- you gotta watch the clip.

And speaking of contenders -- Sam says the last time he ever had to shave his lip warmer was for a movie called "The Contender" in 2000. AND LET IT NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

1122_thecontender_article_getty
Shudder.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

NoBozo

Man always looks excellent -- but it's his VOICE that is sexiest. I love his VO commercials and someone,
please bring back the reruns of "TheYellow Rose" the
Texas western sit com he did in the early 80s.

Majestik

Give the man the phone book to India and China and hook me up to an IV so I don't EVER have to move out of the room.
Sexiness personified, he'll be hotter than Hades at 95. Bring on the Ram Truck commercials.

barnyardhumor

Sam E in Lifeguard - still catch a repeat now and again...and sigh.

Majestik

BTW, TMZ staff. YET AGAIN you don't research and get your facts straight. You put up that the last time he shaved his Stache was 2000, I KNEW you guys were wrong but I went to prove my facts. He shaved that Stache for the 2002 movie, "WE WERE SOLDIERS" with Mel Gibson.

JoshMosh

That is just awesome!! 2 iconic figures with amazing moustaches...

david

funny the Dodge spokesman drives a bowtie....he knows what a real truck is

Barbara

I enjoy watching any old thing Sam is in. Top rate actor and a voice that can make you melt...

mannequin

Sam Elliot is definitely all that. Gorgeous.

verlinda

Ever time I see Sam E. my panties get wet. LOL I have loved him since a kid. That voice OMG, and rustic look. He is one sexy white man.....

Carl

He also wins the prize for best cowboy voice of all time!

alice

I've said it so many times He is so way hot with or with out his very sexy mustache

If sense were common everyone would have it.

His mustache is perfect for whatever he does. He did a movie during the '70s named 'Lifeguard'. Even then it looked good. He never had that 'awkward' period. And his voice gets better with age. Dodge hit a gold mine with him for their commercial voiceovers. Can you really see him voicing for Subaru? Hell no! He's aged like a fine wine.

Izzy

Very COOL!!!

mr.howell

He's been in so many great films..like Lifeguard,Mask,he's a great actor...don't forget his first film..FRoGs!..congrats Sam!.

lisa

Easily HALF Mr Elliott's appeal is his personality. I don't think it gets said enough. Can I clone you, Sam?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments