Jaden Smith

Waving Goodbye

To Black Stereotypes

11/23/2012 12:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

112112_jayden_launch
Will Smith's son Jaden is paving the way for a whole new generation of surfers -- the ones whose stereotype involves staying the hell away from deep water. You know. Don't make us say it.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

brownsugarjew

Grow up tmz

Detroit

Ignorant bastards...

Patz

Huh??? I don't get it, why does tmz think black kids can't surf ? Where I come from we love and encourage our children to have fun. Children are defiantly are a no-no to mock and make fun of. ZERO tolerance!! Love from Canada xo

nature30

the irony of me taking a dump while reading this

Kev the Realist

Whoa This is no0t news and this certainly is not him surfing. This looks just like another celebrity trying to get some presstime, in his casem, by doing something that would attract attention. Based on his lack of skills he is not a a surfer, just another hollywood wannabee.
Over to you MAX..

mobbakvanesa

oh my GOD wat were u thinking of

Capricorn

I love it, an african american doing something positive. Damn the stereotype, I'll take the positivity (and I'm one of them)

RON

TMZ STRIKES AGAIN !!!!
TMZ HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST RACIST WEBSITE... FEIGNING AS LIBERAL AND INCLUSIVE.

kimkardashianstalkingass

Oh come on. Even here there are a lot of PC posters. It's pretty common knowledge that black people don't even like the beach/sand let alone surf. It's about as rare as a camping trip. And I don't blame black people for not loving either the beach or camping. Both the beach and camping usually leave you smelling and looking like a sunbaked campfire. There is nothing wrong with stating that black people and oceans usually don't mix.

Sasha

Narrow minded Idiots enough said!

CC

Guess TMZ is still sensitive about the homosexual 'stereotype' they have to deflect by alluding to Smith's surfing as being something unusual. I guess TMZ missed out on the olympics this past summer (as well as several other publicised events).

Trolllalalala

Who cares. Those kids are annoying as heck!

UZURBRAIN

SO DONE WITH TMZ AND THE RACIST CRAP. FIRST RIRI WITH THE DARK OR WHITE MEAT ARTICLE AND NOW THIS. I AM A BLACK WOMAN AND I LOVE TO SWIM AND GO TO THE BEACH, I TAKE THE KIDS EVERY SUMMER AND LOVE IT AS WELL. SOMEONE SHOULD REPORT TMZ...MAYBE I WILL

spritebubblegum1994

That little boy isn't paving the way to anything. I know black boys who surf! They have dreds too! If a black person wants to surf, they are going to surf, regardless if there isn't anothet black perso surfing. You forget that blacks didn't create their own stereotypes, racist blind *******s did.

Celebrity Tampon

I bet he'll back his car into his parking spot and talk loud in the movie theater. Not all stereotypes will disappear I'm sure.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments