« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hector 'Macho' Camacho

DIES

From Gunshot Injuries

11/24/2012 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1121_macho_camacho_01Hector "Macho" Camacho has died from injuries he sustained in a drive-by shooting in Puerto Rico.

Dr. Ernesto Torres, director of the Centro Medico trauma center in Puerto Rico, said Camacho went into cardiac arrest early Saturday. He was then taken off life support and died shortly thereafter.

Camacho and a childhood friend were shot several times Tuesday night while sitting inside their car. Camacho was hospitalized following the attack, but went into cardiac arrest a short time later. He died Saturday. Camacho's friend died at the scene.

Officials in Puerto Rico have launched an investigation into the shooting -- but so far, no suspects have been identified ... and no arrests have been made.

During his professional career, Camacho was a helluva boxer -- with a record of 79-5-3.

Sporting his trademark front-curl, Camacho battled with legends like Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez and Sugar Ray Leonard. In fact, Camacho famously knocked out Leonard in 1997.

Outside the ring, Camacho was no stranger to trouble ... having been arrested several times. In fact, he was sent to prison for burglarizing a computer store in 2005. During the arrest, cops say they found the drug ecstasy.

1121-hector-camacho-critical-gallery

Camacho's wife had also filed two domestic abuse complaints against the boxer over the years. And last year, Macho was arrested for allegedly abusing his teenage son.

An investigation into the shooting is ongoing.

Camacho was 50 yearsold.

1121_hector_macho_camacho_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Evelyn C

RIP Macho Camcho

Trolllalalala

Dumbasses how can he die Wednesday HAVE A HEART ATTACK SATURDAY....THEN DIE AGAIN.

PC

R.I.P. my brother, you no longer have to fight your demons. Much love!

McSmack

Although he had his share of trouble, I grew up when Hector and the boxers he was among with fought when Boxing was still popular, those years of Sugar Ray, Hearns, Hagler,etc. definitely made for great Television so for that R.I.P. Hector.

speakMYbrain

they had to say bad **** about the dead

mari

Harvey u need take this out and if your going say **** get.it right before publishing it. Rip hector camacho . Ur going start a riot here harbey w ignorant dump ass racists people here. Im puerto rican and I would never say anna Nicole.deserbe to die cuz.of her past

mari

Some people cant take smart comments back at them. Than don't make a ignorant.comment about him respect him and his family list . He is.still somone child eould you like if people were to tslk **** about you when you were fead let him rip

mari

Kick rocks to haters I find it funny rip hector puerti rico all the way were going remember the boxer not your past

lizzy

I have no right to judge this man. But I can say this there are people who loved him. And are in hurting. And my prayers go out to them. No one deserves to die in that manner. God bless the family and my Camacho r.I.p .

dee

So sorry for his family.................

richardhenryhubbard

I will bite out of a slim jim for Macho.....wait the wrong Macho....oh it was Hector the coke head boxer...oh no the good Macho is dead too!!!! why god why ...give us randy back and keep the coke head Macho..

HAHAHA

Just goes to show you that no matter how much of an over-blown roided out douchebag you are, some skinny kid with a gun will F-You up everytime!

His Prince Michael

Again, my condolences and prayers for the family, friends, loved-ones, and fans of Hector Camacho.

Perhaps, his "Macho" persona over-shadowed
his truly world-class in-ring skills. Legendary hand-speed and toughness.
May The True and Living Yahweh, rest his soul.

For all those making mean-spirited comments during the sad time: We are all -ultimately- punished BY our sins, and "But, for the Grace of God, there go I."

His Prince Michael

@HAHAHA: What do you call a "gangsta" or Fed without their gun? Missy.

His Prince Michael

@Lady Azteccocoa: "Do you know who the true and Living God is?"

I serve -ONLY- The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. The God of Israel. The God of My Forefathers. The God of The Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria. The God of The Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock. The God of America's Founding Fathers: The True and Living Creator of Heaven and Earth, The Most Divine Yahweh!
Glory! Glory! Glory to The Most Blessed Christ King Yeshua!