'Big Bang Theory' Star

Accused of Screwing Agent

Out of 'Big Bang' Cash

11/26/2012 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1120_Kunal-Nayyar_gettyAin't no party like a Koothra-party! Especially for "Big Bang Theory" star Kunal Nayyar -- who plays Raj Koothrappali on the show -- because according to a new lawsuit ... he's been living it up big time without paying his agent.

Diverse Talent Group filed docs in L.A. County Superior Court last week ... claiming Kunal owes his agency $100,000 in unpaid commissions for getting him the acting gig -- a bill that goes back to September 2011.

The lawyer for DTG tells TMZ, the agency repped Kunal when he got the job in 2007 -- and the actor faithfully paid the piper ever since, but for some reason ... he stopped coughing up dough last year.

Now, DTG is suing for its money, which it believes exceeds $100k.

Now here's a twist ... Kunal is currently repped by a different agency -- Innovative Artists -- so it's bound to get messy.

Calls to Kunal's reps were not returned.

LibraLady

This guy is lucky someone gave him a chance. He looks like an ungrateful piece of ****!

Robert J. Goatse

Well, he out-jewed them.

Celebrity Tampon

Agencies are usually the ones doing the screwing. What a breath of fresh air to see the shoe is on the other foot!

Tessa

Do a Google search on DTA and see what crooks they are. Embezzlement, lies, cheating etc... this is a non-story that probably should not have been reported. Hey TMZ, how about reporting on the scam practices of DTA? You are just trying to ruin someone's name with this story. Shame.

CC

I wonder if he still talks to his buddy Tim or "Jimmy" from all those annoying Geico commercials.

LindyLou

So is my understanding correct that if an agent gets you a gig, rather than paying them one lump sum payment for their work, you actually have to pay them for each year you work on the gig? If so, that's highway robbery!

AndyMunchies

Another filthy indian, another scam operation? Whats new under the sun?

AndyMunchies

Deport him back to which ever slum he came from in India.

Gary

woah someones a little racist below lol

Gary R
www.majorincomenetwork.info

Herb Fynn

Consitering he was only getting about $20,000 an episode when the show started (now up to $100,000 but still the lowest of the 5 original cast members) This agency made out like a bandit

backfire

Not really. You owe a percentage to the agent who sent you out on the job and made the deal. If you change agents you STILL owe the prior agent the commission.

Danielle Mizell

In sheldon Voice Bazinga

shannon

Since he's making a good deal less than the other cast members, I don't blame him. His representation screwed him, if you ask me. He is hilarious, and I don't know whether it's racism, poor representation or what, but he deserves equal pay, not to Jim Parsons, but to the other two.

Seldombinlaid

Man this is another show I love to watch. I think Chuck Lorre does this on too, doesnt he? I have problems with people from India trying to get them to pay the money to repair something around their house. They'll buy a place, and have all the fun things installed around, but it had better work for ever. They always argue price, when I charge them the same as others.. I don't cheat people because I smell money. My rates are fixed with different jobs, and I can prove it if ever questioned. I know this is going to sound racist, I don't dislike these people when I see them on the street, but I really would rather they called another company. I almost have to go out my self instead of one of my crews. I have me only customers, because I want these clown to tell me I broke something while there. We get to know which ones. I told one customer he was a me only customer, and why. Pissed him off. He still calls because he tried another comapny who charged more, but not the same level of service. So... I've told a couple once your content with the work call someone else in the future, and mark it as such on the store computers.

Seldombinlaid

I do hope he's getting paid a good amount, I would miss him on the show. If some of you have never watched the show your really missing out. The first time I watched it the guy who plays Sheldon annoyed the hell out of me. After watching it for awhile I truly enjoy him as well. He just took some getting used to.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments