Dolly Parton

Sorry Ladies,

I'm NO Lesbian

11/26/2012 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1126_dolly_parton_01
Dolly Parton is NOT gay ... the same way that Oprah Winfrey is not gay ... so says Dolly Parton.

Dolly set the record straight about her sexual orientation during an interview with "Nightline." Parton says she's well aware of the rumors that she's in a secret relationship with her BFF Judy Ogle ... but claims the rumors are simply untrue.

"Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade," Parton explained ... saying, "We still just have a great friendship and relationship and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved."

In fact, Dolly -- who's been married to a man for 46 years -- says she bonded with Oprah over the lesbian rumors ... since Oprah has also been hounded by false rumors that she's in a secret relationship with her BFF Gayle King.

"Like Gayle, her friend, Judy, my friend ... [people] just think that you just can't be that close to somebody."

1126_out_footer

Mayu

life long friends are more than just friends, they're family. If you're close with your sister, are you a lesbian? Of course not. She's a woman whose been happily married for nearly 50years. Very few gay people can be stuck in a marriage with someone of the opposite sex that long if they are attracted to someone of the same sex I'm honestly sick of homos who are constantly trying to mainstream homosexuality. We get it you're gay. Doesn't mean everyone has to be. Geez.

somewhere in Texas

Dolly rocks! I've had a best friend since the age of 4 and I'm over 50 now. And I NEVER want to ever see her naked.

Rolm

Even-though I love you Dolly I beg you to come out not like crazy Opera and Dolly I will still love maybe more.

StPeteRickster

I've got three different very good friends I've known for 30 years each. I'm 48, myself.

Am truly blessed to have these friends, people I can implicitly trust.

loydster

Are you sure?

CC

Homosexuals don't realize there can be a best friend without some kind of intimate contact. Just another way homosexuals attempt to legitimize their behavior.

bbdoll

How come two people cannot be friends without having sex?

Toallthehatersoftheworld

There u have it out of her own mouth she has been married like forever.and she still looks great does she ever age

Gretel

Dolly, girlfriend, I love you and respect the road you have traveled but with all respect I have to say you are pretty much a non-sexual surgical entity these days. Whatever hon. Get it while the getting is good.

Giselle

Oh Dear God! Dolly hun' NO! All Lesbians of the world breathe a sigh of relief you are not Gay!!!!! Oh the thought! Arghhhh!@#$##@!

Emilio

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...its a lesbian...

Donnie pace

Why don't people just get off the Gay thing It really has gotten old I am so glad that I don't go around wandering who is gay and who isn't there is so much more important issues come on people "Get a Life"...

jim

You have to remember that while some female country stars have come out in the last couple of years, 20 years ago it would have been the kiss of death to her career. She's so deep in the closet she's finding Christmas presents.

jim

A gay friend of mine told me about 20 years ago that that this is the worst kept secret in the gay community. She's very gay.

kitnplayn

Most Americans are basically unkind, rude and heartless. It is bordering on cruel to make accusations like this.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments