'Liz & Dick'

The Ratings Are In ...

It's No 'Steel Magnolias'

11/26/2012 2:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1126_liz_dick_02
The ratings are in -- and Lindsay Lohan's "Liz & Dick" did NOT get the viewers it needed to become Lifetime's most watched TV movie of 2012 ... not even close.

According to Lifetime, L&D drew 3.5 million viewers during its premiere last night -- solid, but not the earth-shattering numbers Lifetime was gunning for with all the buzz around the film.

Lifetime's "Steel Magnolias" -- the most-watched TV movie this year -- attracted 6.5 million.

The numbers make "Liz & Dick" the fourth most-watched Lifetime movie this year behind "Drew Peterson: Untouchable" (with 5.8 million viewers) and "Abducted: The Carlina White Story" (with 4.09 million viewers).

Still, Lifetime says L&D was up 40% versus other Lifetime original movies in 2012.

So, we gotta ask ...

Its Nikki Bitches

@ Captain Andy, Just got on, has Red Crap tried to spin this??

Red Cloud

LOL!!!!!!!
I almost skipped watching and was scheduled for Boardwalk Empire at my honey's place because I knew it would be on five more times. She was called away, so I left and watched. How many others watched football, BE or something else because they knew it would be on again? The movie was trashed and trashed and trashed by media fruiitcakes. It was shown in the middle of a holiday season wehn ratings for any show or movie are at a low. It still gets 3.5M viewers and gets fourth place and 40% up and haters are deluding themselves into believing that sucks. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many will watch the five additional times? Assume it gets ONLY 1M new viewers each time. Assume it gets ONLY 500k new viewers each time. Do the math. I will provide actual numbers in a week or two and then we will see what's really what.
Below is an interesting item for thinkers.

gone, poor things........................

STEAK FACTORY

YEEEEEE HAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!

The champagne glasses are flyin' high tonight!!!!

Higher than Lindsay Lohan!!

Happy birthday to a friend!!!!!!!!!!

Andyconda

sources say "lindsay knows that it was her best work,and thinks everyone else has no opinion or class"

Vorlon

You SERIOUSLY think anyone (other than YOU) will watch ALL of the reruns. Are you seriously that fvcking stupid?
And on a side note- you're going to provide the real numbetrs? These wouldn't be the same numbers I've been bugging you for for years that you claimed didn't exist?
Gonna fabricate the numbers the way you fabricate positive tweets?

Red Cloud

How many will watch the five additional times?

Hot Farts

Shear exhaustion from the weekend - fell asleep in front of Dexter. and of course not. Did not even come up in the conversation (i.e., lizdick)

I waited to share my brush with greatness...my husband and I stayed at LaJolla de Mismaloya a few times when it was beyond affordable and it is fab. The history is that it was Elizabeth and Richards favorite place and they first went their during filming of Tenesee Williams' Night of the Iguana with John Huston directing, Richard, Deborarah Kerr and Ava Gardner.

This was all news to us on our firs visit-it is in the jungle and there is much more I could say about its uniqueness...but, on one week there Elizabeth was on the property and my ex swears to this day he spoke to her by the beach (it was very private) I absolutely believe him and only wish it had been me. I obsessed - eyes darting - the remainder of our stay.

Vinsetta

Red Clot...poor thing. I knew in my mind he'd go with there were better shows on at the time so that is why the ratings sucked. They will, as we of course, will catch it on repeat. And the biggest lie he said was going to see a woman. Now he's just spewing big time bullcrap. He will never learn. Poor, poor thing.

BC

i watched as much as i could of it. Lindsey is the furthest thing from Taylor. She did not remind me of Taylor at all. Her voice is to gravely & rough sounding. He acting sucked too. ANd the writting sucked.

Its Nikki Bitches

OMG Michael Prymula is Milo over on ROL. What he says to people on there is the same words he tweets

Ewwww! Milo is so creepy. What he said to Just Jared was creepy enough.
He couldnt watch some sences? Cause he gets a boner and it brings back memorys of what he use to do to Blohan when she was younger.

Milo needs to be locked up for his obsession for his daughter..Its so GROSS!

Vinsetta

RC going to see his 'honey' Yeah, umm, sure. We all know how you roll, not that there's anything wrong with it.

Hot Farts

It was always my feeling that red cloud is MILO and it was tossed around etc...over the past cup of years on this blog and watching his articles on TMZ, ROL and twitter posts...I AM FVKING CONVINCED THIS IS THE GUY!! RED FART IS MILO BLOODY PSYCHOPATHIC LYING COWARD

DONT YOU MEAN GONE TO JESUS? YOU NUT...GUESS WHAT...YOUR NEW BABY MAMA IS AT THE TOP OF MY DEATH POOL YOU CREEP BUT I HOPE SHE GETS U FIRST

Vinsetta

OK, hold the phone here. We should wait two weeks so Red Cloud can compute the actual Liz and Dick numbers. These Nielson numbers are wrong. He'll get the correct numbers. Nevermind about these amateurs at Nieslon.

Vinsetta

Red Cloud, I'm sure your 'honey' was called away. She got the hell out of dodge when she knew your nutcase ass was en route. Where did he say he had to go??

janet

Oh, and don't forget how Lohan (again her stupid ass big mouth) boasted and bragged how she 'hounded Larry Thompson for the role and the movie was not going to be made without her'. That worked out real well.

Also all of her BS how she's really working hard prepairing for the role, how she can really relate to Taylor bla,bla,bla, (hard to prepair for the role when she's really working hard drinking and drugging instead) Lohan pulled the same crap with the Playboy shoot how Monroe was her idol and bla, bla, bla.

Lohan is a no talent laughing stock and she keeps prooving that over and over. For christ sakes Mean Girls was over 10 years ago and that was a teen flick. Enough with the Mean Girls star. She's a pushing 27 year old grown woman.

It's too late for Lohan to go back to acting 101. Besides, her reputation is so horrible so far down the toilet and she flushed it down the toilet with this.

Vorlon

Does Mr. Stupid actually READ the links he posts?
"Lohan needs to tread carefully in the aftermath of 'Liz & Dick' instead of taking roles for the cash/bail money — like, say, a Lifetime made-for-TV movie,"
"I think she has two possible paths, one is to descend into camp, that route is definitely open to her," Staskiewicz said. "Look at something like [her work in] 'Machete' or 'Liz & Dick' which could be interpreted as stunt casting, and in the future you see 'The Canyons,' which if you've watched the trailer is tremendously campy," he explained. "That's a possible route, but the problem with that is that there tends to be diminished returns and she's 26 and already is heading toward the late career of Joan Crawford and there is not a lot of mileage you can get out of that. Once you go down that route it's hard to double back."
VH1 News' Kate Spencer "I do think she has talent, but 'Liz & Dick' failed to showcase it and actually made me question it,