Angus T. Jones

I'm Sorry If ...

11/27/2012 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1127_agus_jones_getty

Angus T. Jones has just issued a statement ... sorta, kinda apologizing for biting the hand that feeds him when he went off on "Two and a Half Men."

In his statement, Jones praises the honchos behind the sitcom ... saying, "Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them."

He goes on, "I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."

As we previously reported, Jones appeared in a video with a man he considered a spiritual adviser and blasted "Men" ... calling the show "filth" and urging people not to watch it.

Here's Angus' statement in full:

"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours.

While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.

I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

1128_angus_t_jones_through_the_years_footer

loe

Sounds like a cult cultivated issues... Abandon your work or your colleagues, next your family and then donate all his money to the church.

johnnydanger

Charlie Sheen needs to beat the crap out of him.

spiriteyes111

thats it fat boy...eat your words..did you wake up and realise that that nice big paycheck is gonna go bye bye and nobody else would want your boring ass,especially at the salary you are used to getting? Be grateful you have a job you idiot..

Alsi

Guy can't back track fast enough.... If he truly believes what he says, he'll go in and ask to quit. That would have been the right thing to do. Not go off like some child about not watching the show. and that its filth. Not everyone on that set gets paid 350K per episode. Unlike him, not everyone on that set will have royalties coming in when the show finally ends due to syndication. Which it already is in, so his paaycheck is even higher than 350K. Don't think God would approve of such behavior. You have a right to your new found belief. But you don't have a right to destroy other people's source of income.

Joe Navy- Pearland, TX

Now he's sorry since him and his church (whose getting his paychecks now) realize they may both oose his cash input.... Duhhhhh

CSM WIFE

I'm sorry, there is no buffer for him? I thought he was either asking to get fired or it was for ratings
Little too out there...

fifiwereking

much of his "apology" is in direct contrast with the statements he made, so clearly he's lying - you cannot believe that a show is "filth" AND "have the highest regard and respect" for everyone involved in making that filth....

besides, anything that starts with "i'm sorry IF," is NOT a real apology.....

Easy E

Typical Hypo Critical Two Faced Self Absorbed Bible Thumper Born Again Crap! He's an idiot!

TheOtherSpin.com

As his original comments were thoughtless and disrespectful, his apology is more of the same. Little thought and respect put into the poeple around him. He could have made it better, but this apology only dug the whole deeper. If he's lucky he'll crawl back into the whole he came out of with his millions and slip back into oblivion.....

susan

To open his mouth like he did was career suicide. I'm guessing this is damage control.

ChrisM

Another tortured child star ripe cult pickings. Seventh Day Adventists now have their own Tom Cruise or John Travelota! SAD!

hypatia

it's very clear he - 19yo with his poor grammar/IQ (shown on video, etc.) - did not write that statement. He is also blessed with very smart, savvy and helpful publicists/lawyers. He is young and very immature. Kudos to him for trying to do "better" (gave up drugs, searching for healing regarding his family whack/breakups, etc.). But he is in that odd predicament where (a) he feels the need to be an adult and speak his mind, but (b) he just doesn't understand everything the consequences of speaking one's mind. He's got some valid points, but completely insulting everyone on that site/job was WAAAY wrong. He seems like a well-meaning kid, and will probably work hard to fix this hiccup. I wish him the best - as having horrid parent/family, and those trying to "help" him with his problems (the cult) is just a bit too much for a young pup like him. GOOD LUCK kiddo!!!

BTDT

Bet when his "spiritual advisor" gets done with him, his piggy bank will be empty.

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

Too late kid. Your career in Hollywood is over. Maybe Kirk Cameron can find you a job.

Home Skillet

Too late - you already screwed the pooch.