Angus T. Jones

I'm Sorry If ...

11/27/2012 5:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1127_agus_jones_getty

Angus T. Jones has just issued a statement ... sorta, kinda apologizing for biting the hand that feeds him when he went off on "Two and a Half Men."

In his statement, Jones praises the honchos behind the sitcom ... saying, "Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them."

He goes on, "I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."

As we previously reported, Jones appeared in a video with a man he considered a spiritual adviser and blasted "Men" ... calling the show "filth" and urging people not to watch it.

Here's Angus' statement in full:

"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours.

While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.

I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

1128_angus_t_jones_through_the_years_footer

CitySide

Angus, follow your beliefs. Just remember that salvation is free.

Denver

Career Death, meet Angus. Angus, meet Career Death. Caused by you, you moron...

Darlene1

If he is so unhappy with the dhow then quit

kitnplayn

You can't hail the executives as exceptional while you call their work filth. It's a contradiction and a hypocrisy. I wish I could impress on you how much you are being brainwashed by a cult. They even manipulated you into making this video. That's why you have to put out this fire today. They totally fill your head by using clues you give them unknowingly. They want you to join them so they can smuggle your money through false trickery. See if they still want you without your money, and your media coverage. That guy you were sitting with has scam written all over him. Religions are cults. Christianity has over 238 denominations, because none of them can agree on what the "ambiguous" Bible means to convey, and that's because it's all bullchit. I agree that there is something bigger than us, but I do not believe that anyone knows exactly what that is. Religious cults play on people's fears.

JINM

So sad to see a young man caught up in a religious cult. He has to go. He has not had a strong upbringing. Perhaps someday he will learn who he really is and not what others want him to be. Bye Bye you blew it. You have become a homophobe.

annieo

he is a JERK....what an arse.....once you say it...it is DONE...he should be fired...just like charlie with the drugs...shame on him...let him go......

Niall Higgins

100 days of soberness 100 more and a 100 after that. Best of luck to you and every one fighting there own fight.

Michelle Nelson

So, part of me feels bad for the kid. I mean, the show is HORRIBLE and has always been a mysoginistic piece of crap vehicle for bad behavior. So if this young man has had a spiritual awakening, then good for him. But the problem I'm having is that he is KEEPING all the money that he's made. You can't do both. If he's serious, give all or most away and QUIT. The other problem I'm having is that he is no longer a little boy. so while in his crappy apology he thanks the crew, writers, directors, etc. but he clearly has already said they're a bunch of hacks who make crap work. I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways. He's kind of an arrogant jerk at this point, right? HE STILL WORKING ON THE SHOW THAT HE WROTE OFF AS BEING HORRIBLE.

mommas

I have seen a few of these shows in reruns when Sheen was still there and Jones was very young. It always bothered me that a young child was being exposed to the decadence these shows displayed and I always wondered how much he understood about what was going on in those plots. Where were his parents and how could they have allowed him to participate in a show which went beyond PG?

BobNYC

No way he wrote that. Its a "crafted" statement from a PR person. We haven't heard the end of this.

crojasr

So, when he gets fired... Who will push him in front of the train?

Dr Samuel Weiscrak

So if you publicly trash and humiliate your employer in the context of speaking about your religious beliefs, Can you sue for religious discrimination if you are fired?

wa

BUUUULLLLLLLLLLL SHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT! JUST TRYING TO SAVE HIS ASS, THEY SHOULD HAVE HIS CHARACTER GET SHOT & KILLED " ( GOOD OPPORTUNITY , SINCE HIS CHARACTER IS IN THE ARMY), & MAYBE REPLACE HIM WITH A HALF BROTHER , THAT HIS FATHER NEVER KNEW ABOUT FROM BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL DAYS, THAT JUST SHOWS UP ON HIS DADS DOORSTEP ONE DAY....

Binkybro

There are many gods. You apparently picked the wrong one son

wa